insect foggers under trailer? yea or nay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pbolden

Hello Everyone,

Heavy insect problem this season.  We have a park model on a slab which is fully skirted.  Would it be a good or bad idea to set off a couple insect foggers underneath the trailer?

Thanks,
Paul

pbolden said:
Hello Everyone,

Heavy insect problem this season.  We have a park model on a slab which is fully skirted.  Would it be a good or bad idea to set off a couple insect foggers underneath the trailer?

Thanks,
Paul

Great idea. The only concern I would have is how high the trailer is from the slab. You may need to fabricate something which would keep the can on let's say a 45 degree angle so it's not spraying the bottom side of the trailer. You could make that out of a simple shoe box.

Turn off all ignition sources. Shutting off electrical at the service post is a good idea too.

You want NO chance of sparks giving your rig an unwanted LIFT.

We were staying at the Famcamp on Travis AFB a lot of years ago. We went into San Francisco for the day and when we got back the RV was covered inside with ants. Couldn't even hardly see the walls. Went the shopette on base and bought several bug bombs. Set them off in the RV went to the bowling alley and drank 2 pitchers of beer. Took a while to clean up all the deceased ants.

Oldgator73 said:
We were staying at the Famcamp on Travis AFB a lot of years ago. We went into San Francisco for the day and when we got back the RV was covered inside with ants. Couldn't even hardly see the walls. Went the shopette on base and bought several bug bombs. Set them off in the RV went to the bowling alley and drank 2 pitchers of beer. Took a while to clean up all the deceased ants.

Yeah... I'm imagining that mess right now.  :p :-[ :eek:

That is why I like the Borax kill method. Mix some Borax powder with sugar and/or peanut butter and put it in the path of the ants. Where you put it they will swarm over it for a while, then after a bit (a day at most) they will go away and not come back, having eaten the poison and taken it back to the colony for the others to eat.

If you put it outside where they are entering the RV they will mostly die out there. A few scouts will croak inside, but not too many.

I've cleared ants and other insects out of both my RV and my VW with this mix.

Stephen S. said:
Yeah... I'm imagining that mess right now.  :p :-[ :eek:

That is why I like the Borax kill method. Mix some Borax powder with sugar and/or peanut butter and put it in the path of the ants. Where you put it they will swarm over it for a while, then after a bit (a day at most) they will go away and not come back, having eaten the poison and taken it back to the colony for the others to eat.

If you put it outside where they are entering the RV they will mostly die out there. A few scouts will croak inside, but not too many.

I've cleared ants and other insects out of both my RV and my VW with this mix.

I used your recipe a weeks or so ago and it worked great. I sprinkled the powder/sugar along the path they were taking across my paved driveway. The next morning, you could see the path they were taking because all the borax/sugar was gone. It was path about 1/2" wide and the ants were nowhere to be found.

Thanks everyone for the tips, they were appreciated.  I used several of the suggestions!

Paul

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom