Diesel question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

colleenfl

Can someone tell when in the higher altitudes is there any effect on diesel fuel? And if so I would need to know what if any solutions there are? We will be heading for big trip out west from Florida in anohter month just trying to make sure we have all of our t's crossed and i's dotted.

Thanks
Colleen

I'm pretty sure that the turbocharger makes up for most high-altitude lean air issues.

If the temperature drops below 40F while yer up there though youre gonna wanna make sure youre running winterized diesel fuel, or keep a bottle of Power Service anti-gel (white bottle) around in case.

We've not seen any change in performance at high altitudes with our Cummins ISC engine.

Colleen:

The only problem with diesel out west is buying it, ;D

Jeff

>>The only problem with diesel out west is buying it<<

Diesel is now cheaper than gas in the west.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Diesel is now cheaper than gas in the west.

And about time too.  Must be because the artificial winter "heating oil shortage" is over :)

Terry:

Yes, but it got that way because they raised the price of unleaded faster than diesel. I fueled up in El Paso for $2.31 when we left for Mexico, got back to $3.00 plus six weeks later.

Yes, it is a shame the gas prices have gone up so much just in time for our trip, go figure. What are u going to do need gas/diesel.

Jeff

>> I fueled up in El Paso for $2.31 when we left for Mexico, got back to $3.00 plus six weeks later.<<

Wait until you go to Canada & Alaska....We paid over $4.50 in some places last year, first time in all my traveling where fuel was our biggest expense, it usually came in 3rd after restaurant/groceries & miscellaneous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom