AeroLite 7 Roof sealing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rudinski

Hi, my name is Rudy and I'm new here. Have a quick question about sealing the DuraShell roof on my AeroLite 7 21' trailer. There is evidence of leaking around the walls where the sides meet the ceiling. I bought it used and yes it is an oldie, but can someone offer advice on how to fix the wall to ceiling seams?

Thanks in advance

Rudy

Usually just a matter of caulking, using Dicor Lap Sealant or similar. It appears that DuraShell is vinyl rather than EPDM or TPO, but the Dicor sticks to darn near anything.

If the seams are physically separating, you may have to remove the usual trim piece that covers the seam and  sink new screws (or rivets or whatever) to make the joint solid again before caulking to keep water out.

Thank you Gary. I'll do try that. So you don't think that a product like an EPDM coating would run down the openings (as rainwater would) and help seal ?

It's an asinine question, but as a newbie, I'm bound to pose such nonsensical things. Any hints or tips would be appreciated. I have noticed the trim running around the seam between wall and roof is an aluminum runner with what looks like a rubber insert in it. The rubber or material seems to be cracked and missing in some locations. Where would I even start to find this trim and the (rubber?) insert.

Attachments

• Seam Pix3.jpg
    Seam Pix3.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 18
Rather than an EPDM coating you could look into Eternabond tape. It comes in several different widths. To do it properly you would have to remove the trim covers, place the tape and the reinstall the trim.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom