Moab bound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Too late, I already burned the CD. It won't help with the attached photos problem, but I'll D/L it to my HD in case someone needs it.

I always have the latest Mozilla releases and can put them on a flash drive.  That includes Songbird for those that are looking for a nice media organizer and player without the limitations of iTunes.

The Pennings and Joneses arrive at the Orange Grove in Bakersfield, CA en route to Moab. The Pennings had work performed on their coach at Cummins and Detroit today, so they were up really early.

Attachments

• Orange_Grove.jpg
    Orange_Grove.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 41
Wendy,

Mimi is a real warrior getting in and out of the coach with her crutch, but I suppose it's better than the two she had to use previously.

Zero oranges on the trees. Don't know if that's because of prior frost or just that they harvested all the fruit. QUite different from the last time we were here:

Orange picking driver.

Tuesday we stayed overnight at Outdoor Resorts in Las Vegas to see long-time friend and forum member Al Griefer and his wife Judy. Shortly after we arrived, Al turned up with his friend and neighbor Doc Miller. It looks like a Segway club around there.

The Griefers had to back out of Moab at the last minute for personal reasons, but hopefully they'll be there next year.

Attachments

• Doc_Al.jpg
    Doc_Al.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 30
Wednesday we drove through Zion and experienced the 1.1 mile tunnel. We waited only a few minutes for the rangers to stop traffic and allow us to drive in the center of the road.

I couldn't get a photo of the Pennings entering the tunnel, but here's one of their coach passing under one of the arches after the tunnel. Apologies for the poor quality of photo - it was taken through a very dirty windshield.

We stopped for the night at Ruby's Inn & RV Park near the entrance to Bryce.

Attachments

• Zion_arch.jpg
    Zion_arch.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 41
Took in some of the awesome features of Bryce today. Chris and Mimi are great tour guides.

Had a wild ride over to Torrey this afternoon. Narrow roads and steep grades. It snowed pretty good coming over the top.

Attachments

• natural_bridge.jpg
    natural_bridge.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Bryce.jpg
    Bryce.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Bryce2.jpg
    Bryce2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 29
Hi Ron,

I'll get more photos uploaded later. Meanwhile, we decided we need to re-visit the parks because, with limited time, we only scratched the surface. Bought a NP annual pass, which about pays for itself in 3 parks/visits.

You poor young pups, if you're 62 you can get a lifetime Golden Age Pass to the national parks for $10 :)  Pays for itself the first time.

Bryce Canyon is a really unique experience and one of the most beautiful parks, in our experience.

Oh my, when I get to 62 it will be time to hang up my boots and sit in the rocker on the back porch ;D

Oh, pooh, Mom & Dad will turn 80 this year and they're still going. There was a couple this winter at Death Valley that had to be 100 and they were traveling in a class B with solar panels and bicycles. And aren't you glad you didn't have to wait until you were 65 to retire and travel??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom