Please be warned about the lack of customer respect at Camping World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Safetydude

Please be warned about the lack of customer respect at Camping World
Yet another week goes by, and another week where Camping World refuses to respond to my complaint letter? so much for their 1100% Customer Satisfaction guarantee
Sent letter April 30th to CEO, VP Customer Service & General Manager of Panama City Beach Store
Confirmed on May 19th that letter was received and a response was being worked on
Yet a month later no response.
No response to my multiple phone messages either
Repairs requested on RV weren't performed
Damage done to RV by Technicians
Repairs not approved performed
No documentation of actual repairs performed provided

Have you tried to contact Marcus through email? In the past i had a problem and contact him, it got solved.

I've been in Camping World stores from coast to coast and their employees have always been very nice to me. 

So I'll play the Devil's Advocate here and commend them for their good job. 

One bad apple doesn't make the whole barrel bad.

I recently read an article,where Marcus was quoted in regards to the Gander Mountain acquisition. He said CW is actually a data mining company and "focuses on how to control the consumer within the RV and outdoor leisure space." I will never shop there again if I can find any option.

CW would be my last resort if I couldn't find what I wanted anywhere else.  Bought literally the SAME RV brand new at a locally owned dealership for $10k less... And didn't have the sales guy blowing smoke up my ..  nose the whole time. 

When we were buying, I was surprised at how "used car" like the sales guy was.  For some reason, I thought CW would have a different business model than the rest but the salesman was really pushy and used all the tactics including calling their insurance and handing me the phone.  I had to tell the person on the other end the salesman was a little over excited and I wasn't interested.  None of this deterred him.

He sat us down and brought us a quote on a RV we told him we had NO interest in.  He said he would see what he could do for us.  Started the "he is on our side" routine.  We left.

i am another person that never has had a negative experience and any camping world in either service or sales.
i like to touch and look at a item before i buy and want it now. i would hate to think what it would be like if they went out of business.

Totally, agree with original poster.
Bought our 5th wheel from CW, Tampa. Nothing but trouble, they outright lied to us. Calls to dealer, no help. Calls and letters to "Marcus", never answered.
BEWARE.
I feel sorry for Gander Mountain. They were a good company. Won't go there or CW again.

Kodiakhershey, agree with you regarding Camping World Tampa.  Terrrible.  Live in NC, found what we wanted in Tampa.  Buying process went SOOO smooth.  Rented car to go close/pickup the RV and what a change.  Crappy demo/walk thru.  Then we got home and called back with some issues and for the most part got the finger.  Good news is we contacted Camping world, Spartanburg, SC and although is took a while to get things corrected, they worked hard to do so and were VERY pleasant.

I didn't like the sales staff at our local CW in Fort Myers, FL and bought somewhere else. Went to them to get an oil change and was told I would have to wait three months. Huh? I joined Good Sam to get the campsite discounts and to buy things from the store when I can't find them anywhere else, but I won't go near their service department.

John Stephens said:
I didn't like the sales staff at our local CW in Fort Myers, FL and bought somewhere else. Went to them to get an oil change and was told I would have to wait three months. Huh? I joined Good Sam to get the campsite discounts and to buy things from the store when I can't find them anywhere else, but I won't go near their service department.
We tried to by a coach at CW Ft Myers, but the sales staff were just arrogant. Went next door to La Mesa and bought one there.

I have to join in. Bought our first RV from CW Portland OR. Was nervous so paid for the warranty on our used (2011 Jayco). The bathroom dome started leaking about a year later and I went up on the roof and found it had a big crack in it that had been repaired with cauking. Not sure if by CW or by the consignment seller. Also the AC would not even cool it on a 75 degree day (it was hotter inside). The warranty manager said the dome was not covered because it was normal wear and the AC cooled 9 degrees so it was up to specs. How can a repaired dome be normal wear? And 9 degrees is NOT normal compared to what I have learned.

So we paid the $300 something for a new dome installation and I ordered a new AC from somebody else and will install it myself.....

Probably will not renew my Good Sam membership...

I'll ditto what was said about CW, Tampa. I wouldn't go back there if they wanted to GIVE me a MH. CW, Bartow has a horrible service department.

Marcus Lemonis, owner of Camping World and Good Sam, has been quoted as saying he doesn't like selling motor homes, fifth wheels, etc. because they cost too much to inventory and the margins weren't good enough. He said that CW and Good Sam's primary business was selling insurance (service plans, extended warranties, etc.) and data mining.

I've had to redo several CW installs.  I've said this dozens of times - I wouldn't trust CW to install a roll of toilet paper.

A Traveler said:
Marcus Lemonis, owner of Camping World and Good Sam, has been quoted as saying he doesn't like selling motor homes, fifth wheels, etc. because they cost too much to inventory and the margins weren't good enough. He said that CW and Good Sam's primary business was selling insurance (service plans, extended warranties, etc.) and data mining.

Very strange thing to say from a man who has bought up so many RV dealerships in the last several years... ???

Back
Top Bottom