Winnie Drop ordered March 20th... still not here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseo715

We ordered our Winnie Drop 170K on March 20th, and were originally told by the dealer that it should arrive in "mid-April."  It's now late June and it's still not here.  We're pretty upset.  We've already had to cancel camping reservations because of the unexpected wait.  Our dealer told us the trailer wasn't even built until May, and was sent out for delivery on May 31st.  We've got a major National Park trip planned for mid-late July and in my mind, that isn't even a guarantee at this point with the delay we've already seen.  Is this kind of lead time normal?  What kind of compensation should I be seeking from the dealer, if any?

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

I also emailed Winnebago sales and got a reply, though it was not very helpful.  It essentially said, "Yeah, that sounds about right.  It will show up soon."

Sent out for delivery on May 31? :eek:

Did it get lost? ::)

If the dealer promised about 4 weeks that would have made me curious.

Personally I would tell the dealer (and probably a while ago) that the trailer is here in one week or stick it.
I would be seeking a back up plan....ie a good used trailer or something of the like, re-reading the agreement very closely.

Good luck with it!

Gods Country said:
Sent out for delivery on May 31? :eek:

Did it get lost? ::)

If the dealer promised about 4 weeks that would have made me curious.

Personally I would tell the dealer (and probably a while ago) that the trailer is here in one week or stick it.
I would be seeking a back up plan....ie a good used trailer or something of the like, re-reading the agreement very closely.

Good luck with it!

Yeah, that 9-hour trip from Indiana to Duluth has (so far) taken 22 days.  Not happy.

I wish they would have told me that.  I would have driven down to get it myself.

I tried that on a 5th wheel we ordered, and they won't let you pick it up.  You don't really own it until it gets to the Dealer.  The only way to get around that is to buy from a Dealer near the plant, even though those dealers typically don't make it worth your while.

Frustrating to be sure.  The Drop is small enough that it may be shipped on a truck rather than towed by itself. If that's the case, it's probably stalled waiting for a bulk load to be assembled for your general area. They get cheaper rates for low priority shipment like that, and 3-4 weeks is not unusual for putting together a full truck load.

I talked to the Winnebago rep today.  It's sitting in the transport company's lot, waiting for a driver.

jesseo715 said:
I talked to the Winnebago rep today.  It's sitting in the transport company's lot, waiting for a driver.
I'll bet that Gary hit the nail on the head - the transporter is waiting on a full load to a particular area.

Still don't see why this should be the OP's problem.  He ordered a TT 3 months ago, and was given a delivery date that is 2 months past due.  He paid and held up his end. 

God forbid when they do receive their trailer it needs warranty work.  They won't see it for the rest of the year. ::)

Let me know if you don't have it by the middle of July. We are taking our Winnie Drop to the factory to have some issues resolved. I could ask them what's happening with yours.

Oldgator73 said:
Let me know if you don't have it by the middle of July. We are taking our Winnie Drop to the factory to have some issues resolved. I could ask them what's happening with yours.
Thanks, Gator.  According to the rep, it should be arriving this week.

Just got the call.  The trailer has arrived.  We'll pick it up in the morning!  I'm disappointed that I had to be the "squeaky wheel" to get things moving, but the wait has been ridiculous.  Looking forward to a relaxing summer in the Winnie.  Thanks for the chat, everyone!

jesseo715 said:
J  I'm disappointed that I had to be the "squeaky wheel" to get things moving, but the wait has been ridiculous. 
Was that what got it there, or did it just seem that way :) 

Mile High said:
Was that what got it there, or did it just seem that way :)
I was at least part of the reason, but I probably wasn't the only one speaking out.  WB hired at least one new transport company after hearing my situation.  Whatever, I'm just happy to get my trailer today.  Pics will come!  :)

Back
Top Bottom