Bathroom vent fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kheren

Hello our vent fan has some major corrosion on the cables to the on switch, and has since quit turning on. Wondering if there's a good and safe way to clean it or better to just replace. Also, could such a malfunction cause a gfci trip? Doing some mystery work on our outlets as well as some of you know. Getting a head start on winter. I could also use suggestions on a good dehumidifier as the condensation in cold temps is really bad. Thanks so much.

GFCI: no
Replace: YES several options
Clean, likewise.

First if the corrosion is on the switch mount, Just remove the switch, clean, paint with anti-rust and re-assemble

If it is on the wires.. There likely is extra wire and you may need to cut it back a few inches,  (you may need to replace the switch in this case)  Swictch is a common hardware store item though the mount may need modification for the new switch.

THe fan itself you can get at CW or any RV store or do what I did... I got a big box of ZComputer fans (the 4" size) and put 4 of them in there, I had to lay some strips of wood to mount 'em on to make sure the blades did not scrap against the screen.

Replacing it with a quality vent fan such as Fantastic Vent or MaxxAir is the ideal solution, but not cheap. Those fans have many blades for a high volume yet quiet air flow, plus multiple fan speeds. A far superior solution to the typical el cheapo vents fans.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Replacing it with a quality vent fan such as Fantastic Vent or MaxxAir is the ideal solution, but not cheap. Those fans have many blades for a high volume yet quiet air flow, plus multiple fan speeds. A far superior solution to the typical el cheapo vents fans.

Totally Agree.

Almost at time of purchase, I replaced the Bathroom, OEM,  "Buzzer" fan, and added one in the bedroom.. with the very quiet..multi-speed, reversible, (Maxxair) Vent fans.

IMO, one of the best replacement's, or upgrade's we can do for any RV. It's a DIY too ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom