Securing batteries in compartment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BinaryBob

Moderator Emeritus
With the change to two 6V house batteries and the chassis battery, (three in the compartment), my battery hold downs no longer fit.
Was wondering what others have done with the battery compartment under the step, to keep these from moving.

I had a similar issue.  I went to the hardware store and picked up a tool belt for each battery.  On Amazon it's: CLC 3505 ToolWorks Web Work Belt, 2" Wide, Large.
They've only been on for 3 months and (roughly) a thousand miles.  But, so far I haven't had any problems or noticed any wear.  I just check them each time I inspect the batteries.

Hopefully that helps!

J

Blocks of wood on all 4 sides then strap over top to screwed in eyelets.

Attachments

• inverter1.jpg
    inverter1.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 38
I also just used blocks. If they are able to hop out of a 4" well box, I have way bigger problems to deal with

Clay L said:
I made the original hold downs longer with some all-thread rod and threaded connectors.

I did same with our Winnebago years past.

SCVJeff said:
I also just used blocks. If they are able to hop out of a 4" well box, I have way bigger problems to deal with

I agree. I just changed my batteries too and couldn't get them out of the box. My son had to get them out for me. I just don't see mine going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom