Anyone know of any open dump stations near Ottawa, ON?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michelb

Hi,
  We're just returning from a trip in the US and are looking for a place to empty our tanks however as far as I can tell, nothing is open for another few weeks - anyone know of anywhere I can go?

Thanks, Mike

Mike,

There is a municipal sewage plant north of Montreal Road east of St. Laurent.  I think you get to it by Blair Road.  You can dump there from what I understand.

If you are currently in OW let me know if you still need to dump and I'll get you the exact info.

Steve said:
Mike,

There is a municipal sewage plant north of Montreal Road east of St. Laurent.  I think you get to it by Blair Road.  You can dump there from what I understand.

If you are currently in OW let me know if you still need to dump and I'll get you the exact info.

Thanks for the info Steve - found out about the sewage plant from a coworker at about the same time you posted your reply (I have to remember to enable 'email notifications' for my threads).  Finally made it there yesterday.  Did the job - actually very close to our place and best of all it's free! 

The only issue for some is that it's only open to the public Mon-Fri 8-4 (although I found out that commercial trucks can get 24/7 access so it might be possible to apply for that somehow). 

I think when I went, the trailer/RV dump site was under repairs so they made me use the 'commercial' one which, since this is a commercial thing, it's probably not as clean / useable than a camp dump site so you probably want to have boots / gloves (which I suspect most will have anyway) (there are huge hoses / hookups in place for commercial trucks (which are way too big for an RV) but you might have to move those out of the way.

Thanks for the update, Mike.  I've never been there, but a friend of mine has used it.  We  park our coach outside the City and generally dump before arriving there.

I'll have to check it out one day when I'm in that part of the City.

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom