Mahoney leaving Bryce canyon NP for Witchita and Iowa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhmahoney

After 2 days at Bryce with Brewers, I must head back to Des MOines via Wichita. Expect to get home Sunday or Monday the 23rd.

Yesterday toured Bryce NP in gale force winds and sun. Today we visited the lesser, but delightful Kodachrome basin state park. Last night we had rain snow and there were icecles about this morning!

The hamburger stand at Ruby's is to be avoided. Tonight we dined a fedw miles west at Foster's steakhouse and had a good time.

Safe travels, Russ, and we'll see you in next winter.  You've been doing the trip we WERE going to do in March until the incident in Cottonwood.

At least we've avoided the cold but the wind here in SD was vicious yesterday.  Couldn't keep the DirecTV dish pointed :)  Today is sunny and much less wind.

Cottonwood is where our trunk lid was hit by a truck.  It kept us in Camp Verde for 3 weeks instead of the planned 1.  That's why we missed going to Capitol Reef and other area parks this year.

Ned said:
Cottonwood is where our trunk lid was hit by a truck.? It kept us in Camp Verde for 3 weeks instead of the planned 1.? That's why we missed going to Capitol Reef and other area parks this year.

I didn't connect Cottonwood with the trunk lid damage.

rhmahoney said:
After 2 days at Bryce with Brewers, I must head back to Des MOines via Wichita. Expect to get home Sunday or Monday the 23rd.

Russ, Have a good safe trip home.? We will be leaving Yuma for the summer a week from today.

Now just east of Denver. weather was good so got over the passes and through Denver...600 miles/12 hrs. Promise I'll keep it below 300 miles/day from now on ;-)

Went through Denver after rush hr and as I pulled into a boondocking spot, saw great sunset of orange rays spraying out from the notches of the frontal range.

Safe journey, Russ.

I expect the fields around home will be lush and green with all the rain we've had these last several weeks (seems like months... well, actually it has been)

Do you think you'll make it to MKE sometime this summer? It would be great to see you again, and I know you could probably use a brat or prime rib fix :)

Back
Top Bottom