Truck Camper resales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dara

Do truck campers have a good or bad resale value vs. a travel trailer?  I would think they are not as popular as TT's.  Thoughts?

TCs are so expensive to buy new that I can only imagine there is a steep depreciation curve. That being said, you won't ever come out ahead with an RV or boat, so you might as well buy what you want and enjoy it. Figure the cost of depreciation into your overall cost of RVing and buy what fits your budget and gets your juices flowing. JMHO

thanks but that's not what i'm asking.  I'm asking if they resell well. so for example, if i bought one and then wanted to sell it a couple years later, would i have a problem?  Is there a demand for TC's?  like i said i imagine that the TTs and motorhomes resell better than a TC.

I don't think you will have a problem selling it any more then any other TT on the market.  It all comes down to what a potential buyer is seeking. In my travels it seems TC's are becoming popular again.  I sold an old model a few years ago with no trouble.  The one thing you may have to do is deliver it because it's not likely a buyer will have the proper tie down system since they vary.

I wouldn't let it stop me if that is what I wanted.

I am new to truck campers but I have read that TC's typically have a higher resale value, that they do not depreciate as rapidly as TC's.  Again I am new to TC's and regardless, we did not make our choice with depreciation as a factor. 

Back
Top Bottom