EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Question About Drones  (Read 1319 times)

garyb1st

• ---
Re: Question About Drones
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2017, 10:03:49 AM »
I may not be popular with this opinion, but I just hate these things! They have an annoying whine and they are very distracting to people around them. They were banned from National Parks and many State Parks because people were disturbing animals and buzzing hikers. Right now there is a fire in a populated canyon near me, and at least one idiot was flying a drone to get pictures, thereby keeping fire retardant and water aircraft from flying to the area (another thing against the law).

If people can afford a $1,000 cell phone every few years, I'm sure they'll be able to afford a $1,000 drone every once in a while.  I don't see any evidence that people have learned that using a cell phone while driving can result in serious injury or death to themselves and others.  There's no doubt in my mind that they sure as hell aren't going to learn, or care, that flying these increasingly sophisticated toys is going to result in the same serious injuries or death, just not to themselves.  Hopefully their use will not follow the route of the cell phone where the authorities were a bit slow in limiting and enforcing their use. 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Oldgator73

• ---
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2017, 12:04:28 PM »
I would posit cell phones have saved many lives. Before cell phones we had to depend on someone finding either a private residence, business or pay phone during an emergency. Now we can call as soon as the emergency occurs at the scene. There have been many instances where someone took a video in certain situations and said video was used in court to either convict or find someone not guilty. Maybe we can find similar good uses for drones. I do agree that drones can be a nuisance as are cell phones in certain situations.
2016 Winnebago Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab
Air Force Retired
It's not the weight of the load, it's how you carry it.

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2017, 12:15:17 PM »
I would posit cell phones have saved many lives.
My cell phone saved my life in 2013. I got a bad headache and called 911. I passed out on the phone and because of the GPS in my phone they were able to find me and get me to a hospital for brain surgery. I always have my phone with me.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
My new Pixel camera:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMSw5eVkCfKuuEOP2
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

Oldgator73

• ---
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2017, 12:24:54 PM »
My cell phone saved my life in 2013. I got a bad headache and called 911. I passed out on the phone and because of the GPS in my phone they were able to find me and get me to a hospital for brain surgery. I always have my phone with me.

:)) :)) :))
2016 Winnebago Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab
Air Force Retired
It's not the weight of the load, it's how you carry it.

Willandgiselarv

• ---
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2017, 01:58:56 PM »

Which model Hubsan do you have? I would like a drone for basic landscape and scenery photos, doubt I would ever shoot video. Iíd like one thatís fully stabilized and very simple to fly so I can take it out, take the shot and put it away. I had a cheap one that actually took pretty good pictures but wasnít stabilized so was very difficult to fly.

Iíve had a P3 on my wish list for a year but just canít justify the price for very occasional use.
Take a look at the h501s and the h501c..the difference  is First person view...they are both GPS enabled and take great videos. Pm me if you need more info..in fact I know some good deals..
The nice thing is if you let go of the controls the drone will stay in place and the Return to Home works well.
It can take pictures if that is what you want get the First Person View and you can see thru the drone which can be helpful to help orient you where the drone is going, there is also a position arrow so even you don't see the drone you know which directions also tells you how high and how many GPS it has locked into, 6 is minimum before flying.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:02:59 PM by Willandgiselarv »
2004 GB. Bellagio 38ft  3126E Allison 3060
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

Hosted by Over The Network