Trip to the Ark, Creation Museum & Beckley WV Coal Mining Town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClickHill

My husband and I just spent two weeks going from Va to Kentucky, and home again to see the Ark & Creation Museum.
The trip on I-64 is very mountainous, but  also very pretty and filled with great views. I-64 has a few steep grades going up, and down the mountains that made for slow going at times, but were no problem for our RV.
We stayed at Big Bone Lick State Park in Kentucky which was situated about dead even from both attractions. The state park had a bigggg grade to get into the camping area, but was a very nice park that was a destination in itself. It had nice walking trails, a pool, a pond for fishing, a museum about the dinosaurs whose bones were found there, and a bison herd.
If you go to the park with a class A look to the back end of the park to camp as those are the most level spots.
The Ark Encounter was an awesome sight. It was huge, and was a very interesting take on what it may have been like for the keeping of the animals, and family. Definitely worth the trip just to see it.
The Creation Museum was also an interesting trip. It focuses on the first book of Genesis, and has plenty of displays and information. They have several speakers daily, and has beautiful gardens, petting zoo, and zip lines.
On the way home we stopped in Beckley WV. The town owns an old mine, mining village, and museum along with other displays about WV in its frontier days. It was very friendly, and informative.
The town also owns an RV park connected to the mining town, and was a great stop for the night. It had a very steep grade going into the park, but overall it was a good for a nights stay over.
This was a very fun trip filled with great people, and lots of fun memories.

We too visited The Arc Encounter and Creation Museum during our camping trip last summer. DH and I really enjoyed it. We have a coming up trip planned to visit Lincolns Tomb in Illinois and then head north to Iowa to The Field of Dreams location. We already did F.O.D before but this time we want my dad to experience it as well so we are taking him with us on the trip. We're not going camping for this but it should hopefully still be a fun experience!

Back
Top Bottom