Camping chairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dvan

I have several different brands of folding chairs, they are all "ok. ' I'm wondering if anyone has, or knows of a certain chair that is really comfortable. We have some of the zero gravity chairs, but I'm looking for something more! Just wondering if someone has that "ahhhh" chair?

Zero gravity chairs are great for kicking back and snoozing. (La Fuma, especially.)  But for creature comfort in a group gathering, especially a happy hour with snacks, we like the sturdy canvas (back and seat) chairs with the flip up tray that Costco sells each year.  Good back support as well as the convenience of the table if you need it.  They only seem to stock them in one color combo per year.  Ours are three years old.  I almost wish they would break (they won't!) because I like this year's color better.  ;)

Tom and Margi said:
Zero gravity chairs are great for kicking back and snoozing. (La Fuma, especially.)  But for creature comfort in a group gathering, especially a happy hour with snacks, we like the sturdy canvas (back and seat) chairs with the flip up tray that Costco sells each year.  Good back support as well as the convenience of the table if you need it.  They only seem to stock them in one color combo per year.  Ours are three years old.  I almost wish they would break (they won't!) because I like this year's color better.  ;)

Ditto and the Costco chairs are easy to get in and get up out of.  I wish I could attach a pic cause this type chair is avail elsewhere,  I'm just a huge Costco fan.

Just checked the brand name on our Costco chairs:  Timber Ridge.  We have had other flip-up table chairs before, but these are head and shoulders above our previous chairs and they were not that much more expensive ... maybe $5 or so.

I don't have any, but I have sat in some of the zero gravity style taht were great....others not so great.

I typically sit in a director style chair...maybe what Tom and Margi are getting at.... except mine came form Gander Mountain.  I prefer the more upright posture and the flat seat bottom...not for lounging but for sitting as Tom adn Margi described.

I have one of these:

http://www.sears.com/ming-s-mark-qbb725573-ming-s-mark-sl1205-burgundy/p-SPM14162615532?plpSellerId=BlueStoreNow.com&prdNo=7&blockNo=7&blockType=G7

Deb bought it for me for Father's Day 3 years ago at our local RV dealer for about $50. I use a patio chair cushion in mine, as I don't have a lot of padding on my backside. It's pretty comfortable set up like that. The rocker rails could use some better engineering, but I have seen pics of a similar chair with a piston rocker system. I also just picked up a Camouflage zero gravity chair from Ollie's for $50. It's pretty nice too, and I can get my feet up and recline in it. Comfortable enough without any extra padding.

Great Horned Owl said:

Wow! That does look nice. I need to sleep on that one:)

kdbgoat said:
I have one of these:

http://www.sears.com/ming-s-mark-qbb725573-ming-s-mark-sl1205-burgundy/p-SPM14162615532?plpSellerId=BlueStoreNow.com&prdNo=7&blockNo=7&blockType=G7

Deb bought it for me for Father's Day 3 years ago at our local RV dealer for about $50. I use a patio chair cushion in mine, as I don't have a lot of padding on my backside. It's pretty comfortable set up like that. The rocker rails could use some better engineering, but I have seen pics of a similar chair with a piston rocker system. I also just picked up a Camouflage zero gravity chair from Ollie's for $50. It's pretty nice too, and I can get my feet up and recline in it. Comfortable enough without any extra padding.

We have a couple of the piston style rocking chairs. Have had them about 4 years now. Bought them from Camping World. I don't think they sell them anymore but I know they are still available on line someplace. The only thing I don't like about them is there is a cross bar which goes under both legs just above the knee and hurts after a while.

Update: Just found it. https://www.amazon.com/GCI-Outdoor-Freestyle-Rocker-Chair/dp/B00VGDKB72

We've had many camp chairs over the years.  We have a couple of the director chairs with the flip-out table from Costco, and yes they are quite nice.  However, I've found, especially as a tall guy (6'-5"), that the angle of the back is a bit too straight and I tend to get a little uncomfortable in them after a while. 

Just picked up a couple of the Cabela's "Hard-Arm" chairs earlier this season, and man they are great!  IMO, they have the PERFECT angle and I can be comfy for hours!  They don't have a table, but do have a decent cupholder.  The arms flip up out of the way, and there is no tube going down from the front of the arms so it's easy to swing around in your seat to look behind you.  That's also nice as a guitar player, as it's easy to hold the instrument and be comfy.  If you play, you know how awful most camp chairs are for that.  ESPECIALLY cheap bucket chairs.

Best of all, these things fold up into a cylinder, just like bucket chairs but a big larger, which makes them super easy to carry and store.  Highly recommended - my favorites so far. 

Link:  http://www.cabelas.com/product/camping/camp-furniture/camp-chairs-stools|/pc/104795280/c/104267880/sc/558326880/cabelas-hard-arm-chair/2416317.uts

Attachments

• hardarmchair.png
    hardarmchair.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 19
FunSteak said:
We've had many camp chairs over the years.  We have a couple of the director chairs with the flip-out table from Costco, and yes they are quite nice.  However, I've found, especially as a tall guy (6'-5"), that the angle of the back is a bit too straight and I tend to get a little uncomfortable in them after a while. 

Just picked up a couple of the Cabela's "Hard-Arm" chairs earlier this season, and man they are great!  IMO, they have the PERFECT angle and I can be comfy for hours!  They don't have a table, but do have a decent cupholder.  The arms flip up out of the way, and there is no tube going down from the front of the arms so it's easy to swing around in your seat to look behind you.  That's also nice as a guitar player, as it's easy to hold the instrument and be comfy.  If you play, you know how awful most camp chairs are for that.  ESPECIALLY cheap bucket chairs.

Best of all, these things fold up into a cylinder, just like bucket chairs but a big larger, which makes them super easy to carry and store.  Highly recommended - my favorites so far. 

Link:  http://www.cabelas.com/product/camping/camp-furniture/camp-chairs-stools|/pc/104795280/c/104267880/sc/558326880/cabelas-hard-arm-chair/2416317.uts

I like the looks of those, not breaking the bank either.

I have the coleman quad chairs. got em for $20 each from amazon. Has a can cooler in the arm and a pouch attached to the seat. Im a bigger guy and its really comfy. Depends on your definition of comfy.

We have directors chairs, but also got some patio chair cushions to put in them to sit on.It gives just the right amount of extra cushy for our tushies.  ;D

Well, I always researched a lot before buying a zero gravity chair and Specially for zero gravity camping chair. Because in case of an outdoor zero gravity chair the fabrics quality, durability and also the comfortability is very much important. After some research, I found an interesting review. And bought one from that review list. Its a zero gravity chair of bliss hammocks brand. And I am using this chair from the last one and half year and though I use that chair for outdoor surprisingly it still remains almost same. Here is the review for you https://bestzerogravitychairhq.com/bliss-hammocks-zero-gravity-chair-review/. hope its help you too to buy your desired one... :)

Howdy Campers!
When looking for a new set of chairs for camping, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, your chairs should not take up a ton of room in your car or truck. One of the important elements of camping is packing in a way that allows you to have room for everything you need. If you have big, bulky chairs, you might run out of room for other, more important elements that will make your trip comfortable. A good camping folding chair will fold down very small and fit in the tightest of spaces as well as be extremely lightweight.

Many people think that if they buy a portable folding chair, it will not be large enough to be comfortable. However, there are many styles of folding chairs today that are lightweight, easy to fold down, and very large and comfortable. Some styles even have padding to make the experience a little more comfortable. The best part about these camping chairs is usually the price. For a very reasonable cost, you can have all new, wonderful large camping chairs to take out with your family this year. You will be amazed at how much more comfortable your camping experience will be with a couple of really nice, large camping chairs.

Perhaps this is the year that you should consider getting rid of all of those outdated, metal chairs that take up too much room and are not comfortable to sit on at all. Perhaps you have chairs that don't even fold up, which can make packing a real pain. Instead, take a little money and invest in chairs that will be easy to put up and take down, simple to transport, and, most importantly, very comfortable to sit on. These can be found at many stores all over the place.

It seems a little simplistic but it's true, and yes, the links are to Coleman Portable Chairs which I really like. Camping chairs can and do take up valuable space when packing for a trip. Like ours for example...I have packed and loaded some nine different chairs for our tent camping pleasure, and all in the space of a jeep Grand Cherokee! Well...no more! I'm only packing two chairs from here on out. We are still looking for the perfect chair. So as the forum goes any ideas will be greatly appreciated, it's just my $0.02, and would love to hear about your 2 cents, if you have the time! Thanks for looking and spending some time with me!

Back
Top Bottom