Rates/Deductables For Breakdown Insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IowaNomads

As part of our homework we're looking into breakdown insurance. We haven't yet purchased our RV and things like this will help us decide if we want a motorhome, 5th wheel etc. I've looked at the Good Sam Page but I'm finding nothing about how much it costs or what the deductables are. As popular as they are I'm sure several here have coverage. I know that our current insurance company doesn't insure RVs so we'll also be in the market for one that does. Hopefully we can combine the coverages. I appreciate any help or insight.

EDIT: I'd also like the same infor on Coachnet if possible. Or any other service I don't yet know about. Thanks  :)

When you say, "breakdown insurance" are you talking about roadside service plans (towing, tire changes etc.) or are you asking about aftermarket extended warranty coverage? RE: Coachnet... You'd be hard pressed to find many RVers who have negative things to say about them. They're an RV roadside service provider, but they also have a tech-support hot-line you can call for RV problems. We've had them for more than 20 years, but have never had to use them (knock on wood.)

Kev

Thank you Kevin. I am referring to the extended warranty aspect. We will get roadside service as well as we are both physically challenged. I was looking at coachnet's website and I like the idea that whenever possible they'll do the repairs onsite. Also that they have a hotline that may be able to walk me through doing some repairs myself.

You need to call and get quotes for specific rigs. Age, powertrain, and value (MSRP is new) all play a role in determining the rate. Some plans offer a choice of coverage and deductibles, while others may be one size fits all.

Back
Top Bottom