Output of a Atwwod 10 gallon water heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
Just a little trivia.
Once in a while someone will ask if they can run the heater on electric and gas at the same time.  The answer was always "yes you can". 
I just happened to notice on my access door, there is a sticker. It says the output of my heater is 6.2 GPH (Gallons Per Hour) on electric, 13.5 GPH on propane and 19.7 GPH using both at the same time. So if you need a lot of hot water, use both.

And on mine, the water temperature running both gas and electric at same time is much higher than on elect.

On mine when I try to use both at the same time the thermal fuse blows.  We've gone through a bunch of them.

We run ours on electricity and propane at the same time whenever we need hot water quickly.  Also, in the winter we have run them both when the water temperature from the source is very cold and it takes more heat to make hot water.  Normally, we get along fine running on electricity alone.  To manage electric load, we do turn off the electric hot water switch after my wife takes a shower if we're running the A/C, coffee pot, and hair drier at the same time.  Hazards of a 30 amp service.  We've learned how to manage quite well and are used to the inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom