Mice, Bugs and other Critters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Free Spirit

Inside the basement compartment, there are a few holes approx 4" (Guess) diameter. these holes are where we feed the Dock Power Cords and the water hoses. So far I have been lucky - I think. So. how do I prevent mice, bugs and other unwanted guests from coming in? what can I fill the holes/spaces with? Bronze wool? What other choices are there? 

Keep mice bait in area just in case. They also make covers for round holes you may have. Similar to the round opening you fish your shore cord thru.

An RVing friend of mine sitting here with me suggests putting a snake decal on you compartment door. Says it's worked so far gor him.

After 3 years in the same spot in GA I had a problem with ants and roaches.. Have sprayed, Bombed, Even had an exterminator in, lugged in ultra sonics.. NOTHING worked.

Found a box of "Odorant" packets at General RV yesterday Morning, on the clearfance shelf no less. Sniff & Stop brand.  Each pouch is supposed to be good for 10 cubic feet (Not much space) spread six of 'em around RV, one at each end of couch, one at end of kitchen counter, one under fridge, one either side of bed.

Did some stuff. Showered, Went to church, shoping and dinner, got back oh, about 7 hours later....

Roachaes all took up Country Music..... GONE like a freight train GONE like yesterday Gone... Well you get the idea.

Only ones I've seen since were in areas that were in areas that were sealed off.. And now they are gone.

Appears to be UPC code 0 4023211236 0    But They stuck the clearance price sticker over the UPC so that's best I can see it.

John, is this the same ...

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=sniff+n+stop&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=4963911078&hvqmt=b&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_8vhw1imqv4_b

Howard

I bought this in a 1 lb canister identical  to this one

https://www.amazon.com/Control-Insecticide-Cypermethrin-centipedes-cockroaches/dp/B008BZ5EXE/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 10 years ago for $45.  Get a good 1 gallon pump sprayer.  Order small wood viking ships, matches and flaming arrows. 

Spray.

Wait one day sweep up fallen  bug warriors  deposit in small ships, launch. 

Set alight with flaming arrows

Salute the fallen foe as the ships sink into the sunset.  ;D

This stuff works.

I get it at local farm fleet stores.

John, is this the same ...

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=sniff+n+stop&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=4963911078&hvqmt=b&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_8vhw1imqv4_b

Howard

Hey! It works on children and pets too even....

Sniff ?n? Stop Pest Control Pellets - All Natural - Repels Rodents, Spiders, Roaches, Ants, Snakes, Fleas, & Other Pests ? Child, Pet,

When I lived out in the countryside and stored my RV in a field near my house there was an invasion of mice who did some damage to an older RV we had. I had been told that storing an RV with an abundance of Bounce laundry sheets was a strong deterrent to mice and ants. I tried and had success.  BTW I have found that Bounce is not a deterrent to rats.  Of course ant traps are also good.

Good luck in finding your solution.

Joel

JoelP said:
When I lived out in the countryside and stored my RV in a field near my house there was an invasion of mice who did some damage to an older RV we had. I had been told that storing an RV with an abundance of Bounce laundry sheets was a strong deterrent to mice and ants. I tried and had success.  BTW I have found that Bounce is not a deterrent to rats.  Of course ant traps are also good.

Good luck in finding your solution.

Joel

One year, we put bounce sheets all over the RV and all over the bed. They ended up using the bedspread as their toilet. It destroyed the bedspread.

The best thing is the mouse bucket trap. Just use antifreeze if you're in a cold climate and keep it away from domestic pets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D47P1TgZ7ZE

Bucket trap- very clever!  Wonder if it works for rats if I substituted walnuts glued to the ramp and can.

JoelP said:
Bucket trap- very clever!  Wonder if it works for rats if I substituted walnuts glued to the ramp and can.

You would probably have to use a 30 gallon drum or maybe a 50 gallon drum but it would work. Only put in 16" of water.

Bucket trap absolutely works for mice.  Rats are much smarter, but with the right top diameter and bait, it should work well!

Yeah!! I would also like to suggest you keep mice bait or cover the hole with the net so that the unwanted guests like mice, rats, cockroaches won't come back. From your experience, I suddenly got remember about the garage incident happened a year ago at one of my friend's house. His garage was infested with rodents and small mice, though he used many techniques to recover the damage caused by them still the rat infestation was there. Then after discussing all this problem with one of his friends he suggested him to contact rodent exterminator nyc and exterminate the rats permanently.

John From Detroit said:
After 3 years in the same spot in GA I had a problem with ants and roaches.. Have sprayed, Bombed, Even had an exterminator in, lugged in ultra sonics.. NOTHING worked.

Found a box of "Odorant" packets at General RV yesterday Morning, on the clearfance shelf no less. Sniff & Stop brand.  Each pouch is supposed to be good for 10 cubic feet (Not much space) spread six of 'em around RV, one at each end of couch, one at end of kitchen counter, one under fridge, one either side of bed.

Did some stuff. Showered, Went to church, shoping and dinner, got back oh, about 7 hours later....

Roaches all took up Country Music..... GONE like a freight train GONE like yesterday Gone... Well you get the idea.

Only ones I've seen since were in areas that were in areas that were sealed off.. And now they are gone.

Appears to be UPC code 0 4023211236 0    But They stuck the clearance price sticker over the UPC so that's best I can see it.
I am taking John's advice and I ordered a box from Amazon. I have had a minor roach problem for years and I have tried everything except these.

Moth balls?

I'm told that the new enviro friendly wiring insulation is apparently made out of a soy-based compound. Rodents like it... they may even chew up engine wiring...so mothballs wrapped in somesort of netting (or worn out pantyhoses) can be placed strategically.

In my case it seems to be the luck of the draw. I have used the various elixirs people recommend and plug the holes etc. but some years the mice hold their annual Christmas party in my sink. :) In other years not a single sign of mice or mouse droppings.

Last fall, large amounts of peppermint seemed to work but I would not bet on next year.

Over time I have concluded that mice can walk through walls :) :) 

I personally like the Mouse Glue Traps,  once stuck, the squealing, wailing and gnashing of little teeth warms the cockles of my heart.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=mouse+glue+traps

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))

If you need to get rid of roaches we highly recommend this.  advion.  You just put a little in the corners.  Though i have not used it in camper, itworked at my house. 
https://www.amazon.com/advion-Cockroach-Bait-4-syringes-1-06/dp/B002Y2GNVM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1532115853&sr=8-3&keywords=avion+roach+killer+gel&dpID=416aZuQSD4L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Are you done with the extermination process?

Attachments

• remove-pest-expert-pest-control-services.png
    remove-pest-expert-pest-control-services.png
    185.6 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom