Voyager Side Camera Removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RGrimm

After my rear camera failed on our current trip, I contacted Tim Lazaroe at RVCam.com and ordered a new Color replacement system for my old B/W Voyager 3 Camera system. My question is how do I remove the plastic covers on the two side cameras to get to the actually keyhole cameras to replace them? I assume painted covers just snap on, but don't want to just force them off and chance breaking any tabs.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Russ

PS - John, Tim told me to say Hi. Yes I told him I got his name from one of your posts on the rvforum.net

Attachments

• DSC01488_800.JPG
    DSC01488_800.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC01492_800.JPG
    DSC01492_800.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC01493_800.JPG
    DSC01493_800.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC01494_800.JPG
    DSC01494_800.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 29
Well howdy Tim at rvcams, he's a good guy and knows his stuff!

I've never played with a Voyager side cam but looking at the images, I'm wondering if the cover doesn't snap on and off. Also the bar/rectangular part on the front of the cam that says Voyager might remove.  If you can't figure it out, give Winnie Owner Relations a call.

John Canfield said:
Well howdy Tim at rvcams, he's a good guy and knows his stuff!

I've never played with a Voyager side cam but looking at the images, I'm wondering if the cover doesn't snap on and off. Also the bar/rectangular part on the front of the cam that says Voyager might remove.  If you can't figure it out, give Winnie Owner Relations a call.
I believe Tim said he'd include some documentation on the side cameras with the new system shipment, hopefully that will explain the cover removal. The new system is suppose to arrive at my son's today.  Were at a CG northwest of Cincinnati for the next 3 weeks to visit my son and family so this conversion will be a campground project.  :)

Russ

And yes, Tim is a good guy - very helpful.

John Canfield said:
...... Also the bar/rectangular part on the front of the cam that says Voyager might remove.....
John - your comment about the rectangle cover wit Voyager on it made me look a little closer at that area. Yes that small cover pops off and exposes 2 screws, removing the screws allows the cover to slide towards the back of the coach and then pull outward and off to expose the camera (see photos below)

Thank you John for causing me to look a bit closer.

Russ

Attachments

• Cam1a.JPG
    Cam1a.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 32
  • Cam2.JPG
    Cam2.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Cam3.JPG
    Cam3.JPG
    239.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Cam4.JPG