EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 2005 Southeast Fall Rally  (Read 24657 times)

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
2005 Southeast Fall Rally
« on: May 18, 2005, 10:27:18 AM »
The Fall 2005 edition of the RV Forum & Roaming Friends Rally will be at Amy's RV Park in Tifton, GA.   The dates are 11/1- 11/6, 2005 but you are invited to come early and stay late - many folks do.  Tifton is  right on I-75 about 60 miles north of the Florida border and Amy's is 1.1 miles west from Exit 60.  I have reserved the Rec Hall for our group meals (and in case of inclement weather), plus we will have adequate room to gather on one of the sites for socializing.

Please call the park direct for reservations. I encourage you to do so as early as you can because November is the start of the snowbird season and sometimes sites fill up.  When reserving, please mention the RV Forum Roaming Friends so they can site you with the rest of the group.

Amy's RV Park
4632 Union Road
Tifton, GA  31794

Information:  229-386-8441
Reservations Only: 800-813-3274
Fax:    229-386-9063
www.amysrvpark.com

Amy's offers CoachConnect wi-fi service in the park (for fees, see www.coachconnect.net) and also has modem access. Special rates for the rally are $18/night for full hook-up, including all taxes [no other discounts apply to that rate].  There is also a weekly rate of $120 that works out to be slightly less than the special club rate.  There are 55 sites, of which 15 are 50A. Amy's also has a pool and a fishing pond - see the park web site for more info on park facilities.

Tifton is located within easy driving distance of a number of Georgia attractions, e..g the Agrirama in Tifton, and there are plenty of restaurants and stores in the area for a bit of diversion. And of course the Framily always makes plenty of its own entertainment whenever we meet.

The Brincks will be located on site #56 near the Rec Hall.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 07:19:18 AM by RV Roamer »
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: 2005 Southeast Fall Rally
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 09:25:30 PM »
Here is a map showing the layout of Amy's Campground and a copy of the park rules.  Nancy & I will be on site #56, circled on the map.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Len and Jo

• ---
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 09:32:28 PM »
What is the weather like in that part of the country in early November??  We will leave our snow shoes at home but should we bring sandles and shorts? 
Len & Jo
The Green Tardis
We 'B' RVing   Berkley, Michigan
Van Development:   https://youtu.be/5Xqk_G6k95M
12 Years of Travels:  https://youtu.be/UMIf17CzdZo

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 07:40:26 AM »
What is the weather like in that part of the country in early November??  We will leave our snow shoes at home but should we bring sandles and shorts?

Should be pretty nice, like early summer in the North.  More humid than the West, though.  Yes, you will probably want shorts & sandles.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 11:49:54 AM »
Nancy is planning a Red Hat Tea at this year's Fall Rally, so all you ladies can show off your finery.  I don't know what-all she has in mind, but you can be sure it will be fun!
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 08:12:34 PM »
Nancy is planning a Red Hat Tea at this year's Fall Rally, so all you ladies can show off your finery.  I don't know what-all she has in mind, but you can be sure it will be fun!

For those of you who missed the Pickles cartoon a couple of days ago, the daughter talking to the grandfather about the grandmother's Red Hat Society activities suggested the grandfather organize a ROMEO club for the men; Retired Old Men Eating Out. ;D ;D ;D
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ
Missing our Travel Supreme

raynladonna

• ---
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 12:24:22 AM »
Gary -

Called Amy's today and made reservations for 1-6 November and site 55. Exact arrival and departure dates may vary <G>!! We're looking forward to getting together again.

--  Ray  --

Dave R

• ---
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 07:54:40 AM »
Hi Gary,
Called today and made reservations. We are in site 65 across the road from you guys.

Dave
Dave & Jeanette  NC
2009 Hitchhiker Fifth wheel Triple slide
2013 Chev Duramax

Len and Jo

• ---
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 01:27:54 PM »
Gary -

Called Amy's today and made reservations for 11-/1 - 11/6 and might be on site 14. They said they don't guarantee the sites.  They also said they don't require credit card numbers for clubs.  We are looking forward to meeting all of you in November.
Len & Jo
The Green Tardis

joelmyer

• ---
  • Joel (W4JNM) and Camille, GA
    • The Retirement Saga
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2005, 07:56:28 AM »
I made reservations.
Joel (W4JNM) and Camille, GA

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2005, 08:11:37 AM »
That's right - the park will not pre-charge your credit card if you reserve as part of our group (RV Forum/Roaming Friends). You also get a special club rate.  However, in exchange for the reduced rate they ask that payment be made in cash or check upon arrival.

Let's see, so far I think we have...

Gary & Nancy Brinck
Dave & Jeanette Reavis
Jim & Pat Dick
Joel & Camille Myers
Len & Jo
Ray & Ladonna Baginski
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2005, 04:51:05 PM »
Gary,

Yep, we'll be there. We have site 53.

Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2000 American Dream 40' DP
2012 GMC Terrain
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T Motorcycle
http://photo.net/photos/jimdick

Len and Jo

• ---
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 07:51:47 PM »
Gary,

Look forward to the rally.

Len & Joanne Sackett
Len & Jo
The Green Tardis

NC DaveD

• ---
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005, 02:14:32 PM »
Wow! Didn't realize how long it had been since I checked in to see what was going on. Just made reservations today, so please add us to the list. Looking forward to seeing everybody that can make it.

David & Joanne Derway
David D
1996 Monaco Windsor 250HP towing 2000 Honda Accord

Jim-488

• ---
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 11:37:47 AM »
     From Jim-488
     Made reservations at Amys rv park for southeast rally. Arrive Ocy 31th leave on Nov. 7th. Amy didn't give me a site, but said I would be with the rally group.
     Left FL. in April, be back in FL.Oct. So will not be on line much. Can e-mail me.
     See you at the rally.      Jim and Marilyn Linger  (Jim- 488)

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2005, 09:47:43 PM »
Glad you will join us, Jim & Marilyn.  Looking forward to meeting you then.

Here's the updated list:

Gary & Nancy Brinck  #56
Dave & Jeanette Reavis  #65
Jim & Pat Dick  #53
Joel & Camille Myers
Len & Jo Sackett  #14
Ray & Ladonna Baginski  #55
Dave & Joanne Derway
Jim & Marilyn Linger
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2005, 10:28:36 PM »
Gary,

This is shaping up to be another neat rally with new people to meet!!! :) We're really looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2005, 09:26:49 AM »
The Southeast Fall Rally is creeping closer - time to think a bit about what we might like to do.  Any and all suggestions are solicited!

There will of course be the usual coffee klatches in the mornings, with coffee (and tea, if desired) and various tummy swelling goodies. We can bring the stuff pot luck style or buy the stuff locally, which ever seems easiest.

And I suggest we do the "Men's Breakfast" (men cook and clean up, ladies eat) that has become sort of a SER tradition - OK with you? Will pick one morning for that and serve it late, ala brunch, so a lunch won't be needed that day and folks can take off for shopping or tours afterwards.

We could do a campfire grill one night, with various sausages, peppers & onions and of course burger & dogs. Everybody chip in to pay for the meat and rolls and maybe bring salads pot luck style? Or go all the way and buy the salads too?

More ideas?
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

JudyBKM

• ---
  • "Today is the first day of the rest of my life."
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2005, 09:33:07 AM »
For those of you who missed the Pickles cartoon a couple of days ago, the daughter talking to the grandfather about the grandmother's Red Hat Society activities suggested the grandfather organize a ROMEO club for the men; Retired Old Men Eating Out. ;D ;D ;D
Bernie, sorry for the delayed response . . . but that's not so funny. Here in Albany at the Jewish Community Center they have a monthly ROMEO luncheon!

Hope all is well!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 09:34:54 AM by JudyBKM »
Judy and Stu Madnick
Jacksonville, FL (since 2007--formerly from Albany, NY)
No longer RVing but have wonderful memories!

Len and Jo

• ---
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2005, 12:37:27 PM »
Gary,

All your ideas sound good.  It turns out the Southern Fall Rally and out "Scenic Route" home again trip will be our "major" 2005 trip.  Look forward to meeting all out you.
Len & Jo
The Green Tardis

NC DaveD

• ---
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2005, 01:29:56 PM »
We agree Gary, all your ideas sound good! Can we get firewood there at the campsite or ? We didn't stock up this year like we usually do, but will try to find some and bring it if needed.

Do you think there is a chance we can talk Ray into making one of those incredible cakes? Are there any other requests for goodies that we can bring or fix?

Inquiring minds (and growling tumies) want to know :D

David & Joanne Derway
David D

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2005, 08:48:34 AM »
Hi Dave,
Yeah, we can always use wood.  I figure we can always buy some locally if necessary, though.  The campground's ad says they sell firewood at the store.  Or maybe Dave Reavis can bring some as well.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2005, 08:53:31 AM »
I guess we will have to include a "Romeo" day in the agenda, then.  Maybe while the ladies are playing at Red Hat? 

Although ROMSAD seems to be the norm anyway. ROMSAD = Retired Old Men Sitting Around Drinking ;D ;D ;D
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2005, 08:58:32 AM »
Nancy just had another idea. We are carrying our big Hamilton electric roaster with us, so we could put 2-3 big pork roast in it and let them simmer away while some foil-wrapped taters bake on a grill or over a campfire.  That way nobody has to cook anything and we can all enjoy happy hour.

Speaking of Happy Hour(s), bring your favorite hors deouvres recipes/ingedients and try them out on your friends. Don't everybody make them on the first day, though. Spread out the treats thru thw whole week!
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2005, 09:01:49 AM »
Another thought: For those who are arriving early (Nancy & I will be there on 10/30), remember 10/31 is Halloween.  We aren't planning a full-boat Halloween event as in last years Fall Rally, but some decorations and snacks appropriate to the day would be in order.  Maybe some pickled bat wings?
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2005, 09:13:16 AM »
In the interest of making this thread a more easily read source of information regarding the Fall Rally, I have editted out some of the chit-chat. Hope nobody takes offense!
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

raynladonna

• ---
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2005, 08:53:42 PM »
Dave & Gary -

The fixin's for pineapple upside-down cake(s) are/will be on the coach and I expect to make at least one <VBG>!

We intend to arrive early in the week and stay until Monday. From there we will be heading West and then South to the 'Valley' and our winter residence.

--  Ray & Ladonna  --

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2005, 10:28:50 AM »
I knew we could count on you, Ray!
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2005, 09:53:27 PM »
Reminder... the Southeast Fall Rally is only a couple weeks away. If you haven't made your reservations yet, NOW is the time!
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

joelmyer

• ---
    • The Retirement Saga
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2005, 03:14:51 AM »
Gary,

I'm not going to make it.  As you know I decided to go back to work part time and started monday.   It looks like I'll be up here until Thanksgiving and then back after New Years.

I'm limited to 999 hours per rolling year and plan to get into a Jan-Mar, July-Sep routine that won't interfer with the important things like SE Rallys and cutting & hauling brush.  But like I said, I just started so...

I haven't called Amy yet in case somebody needs my spot.

Joel

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2005, 12:47:34 PM »
Joel...
We are going to miss you and Camille - but that won't stop us from talking about you! [lol].  Have fun in NY and enjoy he snow.

Are you living in the Sunnybrook or did you go the motel route?
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2005, 12:55:31 PM »
What's happening at the rally?

For those who haven't attended before...
There is no official place, time or method for anything and we may (as a group) decide to alter this outline as we go along.  However, this is how things usually go.  Folks usually gather for a Koffee Klatch each morning around 9 am, a Social Hour around 4 pm and an evening campfire. Look around and see where folks are gathering and join in when and if you feel like it. Feel free to start it off at your own site or your neighbors - there is no designated place or time.  Dinner will generally be around 6:30 or so and will probably be at the club house (which we have reserved for this purpose) but might just evolve at whatever site we have gathered at for the afternoon social.  In between times, amuse yourselves at local attractions or just hang out.

We will arrive no later than 10/30 and I expect at least a few other early birds. The official rally start (if there is anything "official" at all  at a Roaming Freinds RV Forum  forum rally) is still uesday, 11/1.

PRE-RALLY FOR EARLY ARRIVERS...
10/31 MONDAY:   EARLY BIRD HALLOWEEN FUN!
Bring some ghastly goodies for a special Halloween Happy Hour. Be creative! Maybe some Devil's eggs, Demon rum-balls, Pumpkin seeds, etc.

And there will be Ghoul-ash for Dinner!

And here is a tentative agenda for the main days of the rally...

11/1 TUESDAY   2005 SE RALLY KICK-OFF DINNER
We haven't figured out what the menu is yet, but just bring your appetite, utensils and drinks. Rally hosts Nancy & Gary will do the cooking.

11/2 WEDNESDAY:  POT LICK DINNER
Bring your famous casserole or maybe try out a new recipe on the gang. We don't mind being guinea pigs and if it is a flop, well, there are always plenty of other dishes to choose among.

11/3 THURSDAY:   RED HAT & ROMEO DAY
Get out your red and purple attire, ladies, because it is Red Hat Tea Time! Nancy has some fun and games planned, but she hopes others mght think up some fun activities too. The guys will hide out somewhere, probably a doing a ROMEO (Retired Old Men Eating Out). Who knows - maybe there's a Hooter's in Tifton???

Dinner: Dave & Jeanette Reavis are bringing us some authentic North Carolina BBQ

11/4 FRIDAY:  MEN'S BRUNCH
This is one of our Southeast Rally traditions - the men cook a late breakfast and clean up afterwards, while the ladies chat and enjoy a day off from cooking.  Contribute some eggs, sausage, bacon, pancake syrup, or whatever.  Our target is to serve about 10:30 am, but it's pretty much a case of "whatever will be, will be."

Dinner: Probably left overs - we usually have plenty by then.

11/5 SATURDAY:  ???
Probably dinner in a local restaurant.

11/6 SUNDAY: Some people will be leaving, so it will be farewells in the morning and a "survivors dinner" at night (TBD)
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2005, 01:56:27 PM »
11/2 WEDNESDAY: POT LICK DINNER

That sounds like even more fun than our pot LUCK dinners :D
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2005, 08:22:33 PM »
The dishes are so tasty that folks beg to lick the pots!!!!  :D :D :D
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

joelmyer

• ---
    • The Retirement Saga
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2005, 01:34:55 AM »
Joel...
Are you living in the Sunnybrook or did you go the motel route?

Surely you jest.  I thought that dealing with upstate NY cold in the winter was more than I wanted to take on.  If I could find an rv park that was open.  Advertised dates here are April - October.

I rented a house from a friend who happened to have an extra house available.

I'll call Amy today and cancel.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2005, 10:02:32 AM »
Joel I thought we had taught you better than that.  Going to work is one thing but going to work in the cold snow country?????? ??? ??? ???
There are jobs in the warm sunny south. ;D ;D
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2005, 07:03:20 PM »
For those attending the Southeast Rally, please keep a sharp eye out for the Amy's Campground entrance.  The sign is hidden by overgrown bushes and you don't see it until you have nearly missed it.

When going west on Central Ave from Exit 60, you will see a huge Target Distribution Center. You creast a small hill as you pass the Target buildings and the campground entrance is about 500 feet beyond the crest [on the right], so slow down!

Nancy & I arrived a Amy's today and have begun to check out the surrounding area for stores, restaurants, etc.  The campground is pretty full, with a small Airsteam Rally and a number of people are in town for a Sweet Potato Festival this weekend.  It should thin out quite a bit on Sunday, according to  Pricilla.   I am also trying out the wi-fi service from Coach Connect.  The signal strength seems to vary a lot but I am generally getting excellent response I signed up for the $18/week option.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Len and Jo

• ---
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2005, 08:50:56 AM »
We are on our way.  We are now in Athens Ga. visiting our daughter and her husband.  Hoping she will be getting her Phd by the end of this year from UGA.  Will find the enterance to the park on Tuesday afternoon.  Are you sure the only things we need for Tuesdays dinner is silverware and drinks?  Sounds like work for the two of you but thanks.

Len and Jo
Len & Jo
The Green Tardis

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2005, 04:00:49 PM »
Len & Jo,
Plates, silverware & drinks are all you need.  You folks are driving on Tuesday, whereas we have all day to prepare.  Besides, we have mastered the art of simple meals that don't need a lot of fussing by the chef.

Hors d'ouvres for happy hour are always welcome, though.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2005, 04:11:11 PM »
Dave & Jeanette Reavis called last night to say they will not be at the rally afterall.  Jeanette's uncle died suddenly and so they are off to Newfoundland today for the funeral.   The uncle was a favorite and also was instrumental in getting Dave & Jeanette married many years ago (Dave was stationed in NF while in the military and met Jeanette there).

Yikes! Newfoundland at this time of year?  Brrr!  And Dave says he could buy half a season's worth of diesel for the price of their airline tickets - there are no "Supersaver" fares to Newfoundland.

On the plus side, Wayne & Judy Malone will be joining us.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2005, 10:24:57 PM »
Gary,

We are in Opelika, AL tonight and will arrive tomorrow. Sorry to hear Dave & Jeanette won't be there but happy to hear Wayne and Judy will be there. I expect we'll be there around noon tomorrow, Sunday. Will try not to miss the turn.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 10:31:29 PM by Jim Dick »
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2005, 10:48:45 PM »
Gary:

We are in Indianapolis tonight and have to make Tampa late Tuesday afternoon. We are spending tomorrow afternoon and evening with old friends from Illinois up in Kentucky but I just checked the map and was planning on stopping a 100 miles or so north of Tifton. Thought I would check the thread and see if anyone would be in Monday and obviously you are.

I'll call Amy's Monday AM. If we get on the road early enough we would love to spend the evening meeting a few East Coast Forumites. Unfortunately we'll have to be back on the road Tuesday morning.

Hope to see you late Monday afternoon.

Jim Godward

• ---
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2005, 11:32:32 PM »
Jeff,

You need Retirement 101 from Terry and Fred Thoomas.  You are pushing entirely too hard!!   VBG
Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

Dave R

• ---
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2005, 06:56:46 AM »
We had to cancel on the southeast rally. Jeanette's uncle died in Newfoundland, so we are there now and will be here until
Wednesday. We were on our way when we received the news. Lucky we were near our home in NC so we were able to make a
quick change of plans and caught a plane from Charlotte NC yesterday and we arrived in Newfoundland last night about midnight.
We are so disappointed that we will miss seeing everyone as we were really looking forward to it.

The weather here today is a pleasant 40 degrees with rain and fog today.

Dave & Jeanette
Dave & Jeanette  NC
2009 Hitchhiker Fifth wheel Triple slide
2013 Chev Duramax

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2005, 07:06:00 AM »
Dave & Jeanette,

Condolences on the sad News.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

joelmyer

• ---
    • The Retirement Saga
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2005, 07:37:28 AM »
Dave & Jeanette,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss & that you will miss the rally.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2005, 08:34:49 AM »
Sorry to hear of your loss.  Sam & I offer our Condolences.

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2005, 08:46:42 PM »
Jeff,

You need Retirement 101 from Terry and Fred Thoomas.  You are pushing entirely too hard!!   VBG

Jim:

I keep saying "next week......"!

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2005, 08:58:34 PM »
Jim:

I keep saying "next week......"!

Compared to Eternity the rest of your life is rather short.  Slow down and smell the roses. ;D ;D ;D

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2005, 09:05:14 PM »
Compared to Eternity the rest of your life is rather short.  Slow down and smell the roses. ;D ;D ;D

Ron:

Thought I was getting close to heaven today,  m/h humming without problems and fueled at Flying J in KY for $2.549. 8) 8)

Thought I would smell some of Gary and Jim's roses. ;D ;D

(Who would believe I would be happy paying over $2.50 for #2?)

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2005, 09:28:34 PM »
That is the plan raise the price of fuel way high then we feel better when we they lower the price a little cuasing us to smile while being ripped off. ;D ;D :D ;)

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2005, 09:41:08 PM »
Jeff...
Will be looking forward to seeing you sometime Monday. We've got plenty of chow for the evening meal and some wood for a campfire, so just bring an appetite, a folding chair  and a smile.

Jim & Pat Dick and Wayne & Judy Malone are also here and we expect Ray & Ladonna Baginski on Monday and [I think] also Jim & Marilyn Linger.   

Look for Nancy & I on site #56 - the Dolphin motorhome with the Halloween stuff displayed everywhere.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 09:43:00 PM by RV Roamer »
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Len and Jo

• ---
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2005, 10:19:34 PM »
Talking about gas prices.  On I-75 at about the Ga. boarder we saw gas for $2.329. :D.. :D....BUT in Athens it is running between $2.599 and $2.699 >:( >:( >:( >:(
It doesn't add up.  In the past Georgia was "always" 20-30 cents a gallon cheaper then Michigan.  Not this time.  When we left Detroit Costco was at $2.349.  Gee, I remember in college that gas was 36 cents a gallon.  If the government is correct (not often lately) then gas is still cheap based on inflation rates over the years.
Len & Jo
The Green Tardis

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2005, 08:40:28 AM »
Unleaded is about $2.19 now here in Tifton  - it's been dropping steadily.   Diesel is still fairly high at around $2.69-$2.89. 

In recent years only southern GA has been distinctly cheap on fuel - other parts have been 10-20 cents higher.   SC has been more consistently on the low side.

Be sure to fill up before crossing into Florida - FL is never cheap on fuel.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2005, 08:59:12 AM »
Jeff & Sue Cousins arrived here around 6 pm, had dinner with the gang  and spent the evening around the campfire. Unfortunately they had to move on to Tampa this morning, but we enjoyed their company for the brief time they wre here.

Jim & Marilyn Linger also arrived [from Daytona] and will say for the week.  We expect the Derways and the Sackets today.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Len and Jo

• ---
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2005, 09:56:41 AM »
We plan to leave Athens Ga. about noon and will miss the campground enterance about 4pm.  We are waiting to hear from the GM dealership that our daughters car is repaired, serviced and ready for pickup.  It has 100,000 miles on and covered by "daddy" warranty.

See ya soon
Len & Jo
The Green Tardis

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2005, 08:27:06 PM »
The Sackets and Derways arrived safe & sound.  Chef Nancy prepared a splendid dinner tonight, a roast ham, scalloped potatoes, boiled cabbage, green beans and home made "chunky" pear sauce. The pears came from the Reavis's farm, so we had a bit of their bounty even though they could not be present themselves.

A wind came up and it began to sprinkle a bit during dinner (which was in the campground clubhouse), so we sat around the tables to gossip rather than retiring to the firepit.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2005, 08:41:09 PM »
Thanks for the report Gary. Where are the pics?

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2005, 10:20:25 AM »
Been having too much fun to have time to get the camera out.  Maybe today...

Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Len and Jo

• ---
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2005, 05:55:33 PM »
Gary and Nancy,

Thanks again for hosting the SE Rally.  We were first timers and REALLY had a GREAT week.  Joanne and I had a wonderful time with the whole gang.

Thanks again,

Len and Joanne
Len & Jo
The Green Tardis

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2005, 09:30:01 PM »
Glad you came and even happier that you enjoyed yourselves.  Nancy & I enjoyed your company as well.  And that of all the others too.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

judway

• ---
  • We are at the house in West Melbourne, Florida
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2005, 08:59:42 AM »
Gary & Nancy

It was a pleasure to see you again as well as all of the other attendees. Judy and I really enjoyed the rally, especially Nancy's stories Saturday night. We are really glad we decided to stay the extra two days. The trip back to the house in Melbourne was uneventful. Thanks for a good time. ;D

Wayne & Judy Malone
Wayne
2003 Itasca Horizon 36LD
2017 Chevrolet Equinox LT
Remco Towbar, Demco Baseplate & Air Force One Brake
1995 GMC Sierra Z71
No Dogs      No Cats!
Retired Electrical Engineer (University of Cincinnati)
W4SRR

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2005, 03:54:06 PM »
Glad you stayed, Wayne & Judy.  The Saturday night campfire sure had some memorable stories!

Sunday was quiet and the remaining three couples (Dicks, Baginski's and us) went to Longhorn for dinner. Food was great and the service somewhat short of the food, but that seems to be the standard in Tifton.  8)

We too had an uneventful trip home on Monday. Now we are engaged in opening up the house after a nearly 7 month absence. No big deals, but will keep us busy for a couple days.

Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2005, 08:26:51 AM »
It was great to see everyone at the SE rally. Gary and Nancy did it again! The ladies had their red hat day and the men went out to eat and then some of us toured the Georgia Agrarama. It was a great afternoon. Learned some new stuff about the agriculture in GA back in the "good old days".

We arrived at TGO around 3:30 Monday afternoon. Now we need to settle in for the winter. Looks like it'll be just shy of 5 months before we're on the road again. I'll be trying to catch up on the forum since I was unable to get online for a week!!
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Alaskansnowbirds

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2005, 03:15:29 PM »
I'll be trying to catch up on the forum since I was unable to get online for a week!!

You need to get at least one of the Southeast group to get a satellite hookup ;D ;D
Don & Peg
Alaska/Arizona
Currently located here.
Weather at Camp Verde, AZ.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2005, 09:17:17 PM »
You need to get at least one of the Southeast group to get a satellite hookup

I'm willing to provide a place to mount the dish if you'll pay for the service.  ;D

Actually, the campground had wi-fi but it for $18/week thru the Coach-Connect service. I subscribed and loaned out my password to others to use when I wasn't online, but Jim's laptop connected at an extremely slow rate for some reason.  Literally so slow as to be unusable online. I got excellent performance and  Ray Baginski had no complaints either.  Another of Bill Gate's mysteries, I guess.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2005, 08:51:12 AM »
Gary,

It sure is a mystery. I'm now on a 50K land line and the speed is blinding compared to the WIFI! I may have to invest in a Directway someday if I lose the Verizon high speed. Found out the WIFI here at TGO is $5.95/day or $35/month. They also have weekly and yearly rates. Again I can't get a good signal. Think I'll stick with the land line.

BTW, all the "doctors" in our group were correct...I've got Shingles. :) It is better and the rash should be gone in a week but the pain might stick around up to 5 months. Fortunately it's not that bad. Can't do anything with the shoulder until the Shingles is gone. :(
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2005, 09:49:17 AM »
Jim

Sorry to hear about the shingles. I've heard that can be quite painful.

Jim Godward

• ---
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2005, 11:40:29 AM »
Jim,

Sorry to hear of the shingles.  Pat had them earlier in the year and was miserable.  Good luck on getting them under control and hopefully the pain will go soon too.
Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2005, 01:45:50 PM »
Jim,

Sorry to hear of your shingles. Hopefully they will heal up soon.  Whats with the shoulder?

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2005, 02:14:30 PM »
Tom, Jim, and Ron,

Thanks. It's not really too bad, thankfully. It's more irritating than painful. Doc said it is usually caused by stress and it's a result of having Chicken Pox. Should be better soon. The shoulder is the worst. Xray didn't show anything but a small bone spur near the bottom. He said that really shouldn't be causing any problems yet. They'll do an MRI after the Shingles is cleared up and see what that shows. Could mean anything from physical therapy to an operation. I doubt an operation is really needed. I've had it for several years but it's been a lot worse in the past couple of months. I'm thinking it might be due to the fact I didn't work as much so the arm wasn't exercised the way it usually is. ;D
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2005, 04:00:56 PM »
I'm thinking it might be due to the fact I didn't work as much so the arm wasn't exercised the way it usually is.

Maybe you need to join curves to get that needed exercise. ;D

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2005, 04:25:53 PM »
Ron,

I don't think they'd let me join Curves. :)
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2005, 04:33:23 PM »
Ron,

I don't think they'd let me join Curves. :)

Isn't that discrimination ??? ???

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2005, 04:39:41 PM »
Ron,

Yes, it is. I wonder if I could file a lawsuit and force them to let me join? ;D Better yet, get a monetary award so I can pay off the coach!! ;D ;D Of course I haven't tried to join. Be my luck they'd say fine!
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2005, 04:43:35 PM »
Pat probably wouldn't let you join anyway. ;D ;D :D ;)

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2005, 10:03:19 PM »
Jim,

I knew there was a downside to getting older, but then the alternative just ain't so attractive. BG

I hope you are feeling better.

Sheila and I are off to Chicago (via plane) for the weekend. With my luck it will snow!

ken
Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2005, 10:29:04 PM »
Sheila and I are off to Chicago (via plane) for the weekend. With my luck it will snow!

I don't know about the snow but the forcast is for cold.

N Smock

• ---
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2005, 07:14:47 AM »
Jim

It sure is a mystery. I'm now on a 50K land line and the speed is blinding compared to the WIFI! I may have to invest in a Directway someday if I lose the Verizon high speed. Found out the WIFI here at TGO is $5.95/day or $35/month. They also have weekly and yearly rates. Again I can't get a good signal. Think I'll stick with the land line.

When I was in Cape May I had the Coach Net WIFI, it was a metered bandwidth. It would work for browsing the internet it would fail using Microsoft Money to retreive daily stock quotes for investments, I had  to connect to Verizon and download quotes that way. Called the tech at Coach Net, of course they said everything was working fine. Well if everything is working fine how come I gotta go to my telephone to get the quotes to work?

Nelson

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2005, 07:36:12 AM »
Not having used CoachNet, a couple of things could cause that problem.  They may be blocking all but selected ports (HTTP, POP3, SMTP) and Money may be using one or more of the blocked ports for it's secure connections.  CoachNet may be using a proxy server that Money won't work through.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

NC DaveD

• ---
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2005, 09:55:34 AM »
Well, our quick side trip to Florida to visit Family is over and we are home safe and sound. Only trouble we ran into was a satellite reciever that jumped out of the overhead compartment and landed on Jo's foot while we were underway. Of course yours truly was supposed to move it prior to travelling ::), but I got sidetracked(DOH!) Fortunatly her well padded sneaker took the brunt of the attack and she is only brused and a bit sore. If I wasn't out of reach at the time, I probably would be a bit bruised and sore as well ;D

We would like to thank Gary and Nancy for heading up the festiviities and everyone else for making is such a good time. It was great meeting new folks and solving the worlds' problems with old friends. The trip to the Agrirama was very informative, and makes me happy I was born in this timeframe and not earlier ;D. Jim, glad to hear you got your diagnosis confirmed and are under treatment (and that it's mostly an inconvenience). I sure wish I was as organized in traveling as Len and Jo, but I'm too cheap to print full color maps ;)

Unloaded the motorhome in record heat (high 80's) and today it won't make it out of the 60's......guess we should have stayed a day longer.

David & Joanne Derway
'96 Windsor towing 2000 Honda Accord
David D

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2005, 10:22:43 AM »
Pat probably wouldn't let you join anyway. ;D ;D :D ;)

I'm sure she wouldn't. ;D
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2005, 10:24:58 AM »
Hi Ken & Sheila,

I'll take the growing old before the other but I'm not there yet. ;D The rash is much better, thanks. Shoulder will be addressed starting Saturday with an MRI. Perhaps it just needs more exercise to lubricate the joints.

Don't freeze in Chicago!!!!
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2005, 10:26:22 AM »
Nelson,

It amazes me that WIFI works at all!  ;D
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2005, 10:30:10 AM »
Hi Dave,

Sure glad you were out of reach of Joanne!!!! ;D Glad you made it back safely. We're tied up at TGO where it's in the high 70's. Sure is nice to be home for a while. It was great to see both of you again. Will be looking at your N-gauge site shortly.
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2005, 10:55:53 AM »
a satellite reciever that jumped out of the overhead compartment and landed on Jo's foot while we were underway.

Ouch! Hope Jo is OK. When we first got our coach I went around a corner and the sat receiver, which was in a cabinet above the driver, suddenly popped out. Fortunately the coax cables stopped it about a foot short of the steering wheel. Sure startled me though. The receiver is now held by heavy duty velcro.

Len and Jo

• ---
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2005, 06:03:33 PM »
Joanne and I are almost home.  We are spending our last night out at the Kentucky Horse Park.  The Park is shut down and the water is now turned off for the season.  The Natchez Trace Parkway was really a nice drive.  We could only spend two days on it and really could have spent two weeks.  Free camping on the Trace was a pleasant surprise.  We stayed at the Rocky Springs campground (south end) the first night and the Meriwether Lewis campground (north end) the second night.

Wayne We stopped at Flying J and picked up a Wilson cellular telephone antenna and adapter for or Verizon LG phones.  It really does work great.  Just like you said.

Len & Jo
The Green Tardis

joelmyer

• ---
    • The Retirement Saga
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2005, 02:55:48 PM »
It would work for browsing the internet it would fail using Microsoft Money to retreive daily stock quotes for investments,

I had a similar problem when I first set up wireless at  home.  Most everything was fine nut couldn't get into American Express or Camilles eBay account.

Netgear tech support pointed me to the instructions for setting packet size and recommended a size.  Sorry that's the extent of my memory & all the details are in the 'puter that's a 1000 miles from here.

Suggest the web site or tech support for your router/wireless hub.

Hosted by Over The Network