EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 2005 Southeast Fall Rally  (Read 24714 times)

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: 2005 Southeast Fall Rally
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2005, 09:30:01 PM »
Glad you came and even happier that you enjoyed yourselves.  Nancy & I enjoyed your company as well.  And that of all the others too.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

judway

• ---
  • We are at the house in West Melbourne, Florida
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2005, 08:59:42 AM »
Gary & Nancy

It was a pleasure to see you again as well as all of the other attendees. Judy and I really enjoyed the rally, especially Nancy's stories Saturday night. We are really glad we decided to stay the extra two days. The trip back to the house in Melbourne was uneventful. Thanks for a good time. ;D

Wayne & Judy Malone
Wayne
2003 Itasca Horizon 36LD
2017 Chevrolet Equinox LT
Remco Towbar, Demco Baseplate & Air Force One Brake
1995 GMC Sierra Z71
No Dogs      No Cats!
Retired Electrical Engineer (University of Cincinnati)
W4SRR

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2005, 03:54:06 PM »
Glad you stayed, Wayne & Judy.  The Saturday night campfire sure had some memorable stories!

Sunday was quiet and the remaining three couples (Dicks, Baginski's and us) went to Longhorn for dinner. Food was great and the service somewhat short of the food, but that seems to be the standard in Tifton.  8)

We too had an uneventful trip home on Monday. Now we are engaged in opening up the house after a nearly 7 month absence. No big deals, but will keep us busy for a couple days.

Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2005, 08:26:51 AM »
It was great to see everyone at the SE rally. Gary and Nancy did it again! The ladies had their red hat day and the men went out to eat and then some of us toured the Georgia Agrarama. It was a great afternoon. Learned some new stuff about the agriculture in GA back in the "good old days".

We arrived at TGO around 3:30 Monday afternoon. Now we need to settle in for the winter. Looks like it'll be just shy of 5 months before we're on the road again. I'll be trying to catch up on the forum since I was unable to get online for a week!!
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2000 American Dream 40' DP
2012 GMC Terrain
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T Motorcycle
http://photo.net/photos/jimdick

Alaskansnowbirds

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2005, 03:15:29 PM »
I'll be trying to catch up on the forum since I was unable to get online for a week!!

You need to get at least one of the Southeast group to get a satellite hookup ;D ;D
Don & Peg
Alaska/Arizona
Currently located here.
Weather at Camp Verde, AZ.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2005, 09:17:17 PM »
You need to get at least one of the Southeast group to get a satellite hookup

I'm willing to provide a place to mount the dish if you'll pay for the service.  ;D

Actually, the campground had wi-fi but it for $18/week thru the Coach-Connect service. I subscribed and loaned out my password to others to use when I wasn't online, but Jim's laptop connected at an extremely slow rate for some reason.  Literally so slow as to be unusable online. I got excellent performance and  Ray Baginski had no complaints either.  Another of Bill Gate's mysteries, I guess.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2005, 08:51:12 AM »
Gary,

It sure is a mystery. I'm now on a 50K land line and the speed is blinding compared to the WIFI! I may have to invest in a Directway someday if I lose the Verizon high speed. Found out the WIFI here at TGO is $5.95/day or $35/month. They also have weekly and yearly rates. Again I can't get a good signal. Think I'll stick with the land line.

BTW, all the "doctors" in our group were correct...I've got Shingles. :) It is better and the rash should be gone in a week but the pain might stick around up to 5 months. Fortunately it's not that bad. Can't do anything with the shoulder until the Shingles is gone. :(
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2005, 09:49:17 AM »
Jim

Sorry to hear about the shingles. I've heard that can be quite painful.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Jim Godward

• ---
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2005, 11:40:29 AM »
Jim,

Sorry to hear of the shingles.  Pat had them earlier in the year and was miserable.  Good luck on getting them under control and hopefully the pain will go soon too.
Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2005, 01:45:50 PM »
Jim,

Sorry to hear of your shingles. Hopefully they will heal up soon.  Whats with the shoulder?
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2005, 02:14:30 PM »
Tom, Jim, and Ron,

Thanks. It's not really too bad, thankfully. It's more irritating than painful. Doc said it is usually caused by stress and it's a result of having Chicken Pox. Should be better soon. The shoulder is the worst. Xray didn't show anything but a small bone spur near the bottom. He said that really shouldn't be causing any problems yet. They'll do an MRI after the Shingles is cleared up and see what that shows. Could mean anything from physical therapy to an operation. I doubt an operation is really needed. I've had it for several years but it's been a lot worse in the past couple of months. I'm thinking it might be due to the fact I didn't work as much so the arm wasn't exercised the way it usually is. ;D
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2005, 04:00:56 PM »
I'm thinking it might be due to the fact I didn't work as much so the arm wasn't exercised the way it usually is.

Maybe you need to join curves to get that needed exercise. ;D

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2005, 04:25:53 PM »
Ron,

I don't think they'd let me join Curves. :)
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2005, 04:33:23 PM »
Ron,

I don't think they'd let me join Curves. :)

Isn't that discrimination ??? ???

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2005, 04:39:41 PM »
Ron,

Yes, it is. I wonder if I could file a lawsuit and force them to let me join? ;D Better yet, get a monetary award so I can pay off the coach!! ;D ;D Of course I haven't tried to join. Be my luck they'd say fine!
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2005, 04:43:35 PM »
Pat probably wouldn't let you join anyway. ;D ;D :D ;)

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2005, 10:03:19 PM »
Jim,

I knew there was a downside to getting older, but then the alternative just ain't so attractive. BG

I hope you are feeling better.

Sheila and I are off to Chicago (via plane) for the weekend. With my luck it will snow!

ken
Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2005, 10:29:04 PM »
Sheila and I are off to Chicago (via plane) for the weekend. With my luck it will snow!

I don't know about the snow but the forcast is for cold.

N Smock

• ---
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2005, 07:14:47 AM »
Jim

It sure is a mystery. I'm now on a 50K land line and the speed is blinding compared to the WIFI! I may have to invest in a Directway someday if I lose the Verizon high speed. Found out the WIFI here at TGO is $5.95/day or $35/month. They also have weekly and yearly rates. Again I can't get a good signal. Think I'll stick with the land line.

When I was in Cape May I had the Coach Net WIFI, it was a metered bandwidth. It would work for browsing the internet it would fail using Microsoft Money to retreive daily stock quotes for investments, I had  to connect to Verizon and download quotes that way. Called the tech at Coach Net, of course they said everything was working fine. Well if everything is working fine how come I gotta go to my telephone to get the quotes to work?

Nelson

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2005, 07:36:12 AM »
Not having used CoachNet, a couple of things could cause that problem.  They may be blocking all but selected ports (HTTP, POP3, SMTP) and Money may be using one or more of the blocked ports for it's secure connections.  CoachNet may be using a proxy server that Money won't work through.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

NC DaveD

• ---
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2005, 09:55:34 AM »
Well, our quick side trip to Florida to visit Family is over and we are home safe and sound. Only trouble we ran into was a satellite reciever that jumped out of the overhead compartment and landed on Jo's foot while we were underway. Of course yours truly was supposed to move it prior to travelling ::), but I got sidetracked(DOH!) Fortunatly her well padded sneaker took the brunt of the attack and she is only brused and a bit sore. If I wasn't out of reach at the time, I probably would be a bit bruised and sore as well ;D

We would like to thank Gary and Nancy for heading up the festiviities and everyone else for making is such a good time. It was great meeting new folks and solving the worlds' problems with old friends. The trip to the Agrirama was very informative, and makes me happy I was born in this timeframe and not earlier ;D. Jim, glad to hear you got your diagnosis confirmed and are under treatment (and that it's mostly an inconvenience). I sure wish I was as organized in traveling as Len and Jo, but I'm too cheap to print full color maps ;)

Unloaded the motorhome in record heat (high 80's) and today it won't make it out of the 60's......guess we should have stayed a day longer.

David & Joanne Derway
'96 Windsor towing 2000 Honda Accord
David D
1996 Monaco Windsor 250HP towing 2000 Honda Accord

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2005, 10:22:43 AM »
Pat probably wouldn't let you join anyway. ;D ;D :D ;)

I'm sure she wouldn't. ;D
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2005, 10:24:58 AM »
Hi Ken & Sheila,

I'll take the growing old before the other but I'm not there yet. ;D The rash is much better, thanks. Shoulder will be addressed starting Saturday with an MRI. Perhaps it just needs more exercise to lubricate the joints.

Don't freeze in Chicago!!!!
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2005, 10:26:22 AM »
Nelson,

It amazes me that WIFI works at all!  ;D
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2005, 10:30:10 AM »
Hi Dave,

Sure glad you were out of reach of Joanne!!!! ;D Glad you made it back safely. We're tied up at TGO where it's in the high 70's. Sure is nice to be home for a while. It was great to see both of you again. Will be looking at your N-gauge site shortly.
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2012 GMC Terrain

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2005, 10:55:53 AM »
a satellite reciever that jumped out of the overhead compartment and landed on Jo's foot while we were underway.

Ouch! Hope Jo is OK. When we first got our coach I went around a corner and the sat receiver, which was in a cabinet above the driver, suddenly popped out. Fortunately the coax cables stopped it about a foot short of the steering wheel. Sure startled me though. The receiver is now held by heavy duty velcro.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Len and Jo

• ---
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2005, 06:03:33 PM »
Joanne and I are almost home.  We are spending our last night out at the Kentucky Horse Park.  The Park is shut down and the water is now turned off for the season.  The Natchez Trace Parkway was really a nice drive.  We could only spend two days on it and really could have spent two weeks.  Free camping on the Trace was a pleasant surprise.  We stayed at the Rocky Springs campground (south end) the first night and the Meriwether Lewis campground (north end) the second night.

Wayne We stopped at Flying J and picked up a Wilson cellular telephone antenna and adapter for or Verizon LG phones.  It really does work great.  Just like you said.

Len & Jo
The Green Tardis
We 'B' RVing   Berkley, Michigan
Van Development:   https://youtu.be/5Xqk_G6k95M
12 Years of Travels:  https://youtu.be/UMIf17CzdZo

joelmyer

• ---
  • Joel (W4JNM) and Camille, GA
    • The Retirement Saga
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2005, 02:55:48 PM »
It would work for browsing the internet it would fail using Microsoft Money to retreive daily stock quotes for investments,

I had a similar problem when I first set up wireless at  home.  Most everything was fine nut couldn't get into American Express or Camilles eBay account.

Netgear tech support pointed me to the instructions for setting packet size and recommended a size.  Sorry that's the extent of my memory & all the details are in the 'puter that's a 1000 miles from here.

Suggest the web site or tech support for your router/wireless hub.
Joel (W4JNM) and Camille, GA

Hosted by Over The Network