2005 Southeast Fall Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gary & Nancy

It was a pleasure to see you again as well as all of the other attendees. Judy and I really enjoyed the rally, especially Nancy's stories Saturday night. We are really glad we decided to stay the extra two days. The trip back to the house in Melbourne was uneventful. Thanks for a good time. ;D

Wayne & Judy Malone

Glad you stayed, Wayne & Judy.  The Saturday night campfire sure had some memorable stories!

Sunday was quiet and the remaining three couples (Dicks, Baginski's and us) went to Longhorn for dinner. Food was great and the service somewhat short of the food, but that seems to be the standard in Tifton.  8)

We too had an uneventful trip home on Monday. Now we are engaged in opening up the house after a nearly 7 month absence. No big deals, but will keep us busy for a couple days.

It was great to see everyone at the SE rally. Gary and Nancy did it again! The ladies had their red hat day and the men went out to eat and then some of us toured the Georgia Agrarama. It was a great afternoon. Learned some new stuff about the agriculture in GA back in the "good old days".

We arrived at TGO around 3:30 Monday afternoon. Now we need to settle in for the winter. Looks like it'll be just shy of 5 months before we're on the road again. I'll be trying to catch up on the forum since I was unable to get online for a week!!

You need to get at least one of the Southeast group to get a satellite hookup

I'm willing to provide a place to mount the dish if you'll pay for the service.  ;D

Actually, the campground had wi-fi but it for $18/week thru the Coach-Connect service. I subscribed and loaned out my password to others to use when I wasn't online, but Jim's laptop connected at an extremely slow rate for some reason.  Literally so slow as to be unusable online. I got excellent performance and  Ray Baginski had no complaints either.  Another of Bill Gate's mysteries, I guess.

Gary,

It sure is a mystery. I'm now on a 50K land line and the speed is blinding compared to the WIFI! I may have to invest in a Directway someday if I lose the Verizon high speed. Found out the WIFI here at TGO is $5.95/day or $35/month. They also have weekly and yearly rates. Again I can't get a good signal. Think I'll stick with the land line.

BTW, all the "doctors" in our group were correct...I've got Shingles. :) It is better and the rash should be gone in a week but the pain might stick around up to 5 months. Fortunately it's not that bad. Can't do anything with the shoulder until the Shingles is gone. :(

Jim

Sorry to hear about the shingles. I've heard that can be quite painful.

Jim,

Sorry to hear of the shingles.  Pat had them earlier in the year and was miserable.  Good luck on getting them under control and hopefully the pain will go soon too.

Tom, Jim, and Ron,

Thanks. It's not really too bad, thankfully. It's more irritating than painful. Doc said it is usually caused by stress and it's a result of having Chicken Pox. Should be better soon. The shoulder is the worst. Xray didn't show anything but a small bone spur near the bottom. He said that really shouldn't be causing any problems yet. They'll do an MRI after the Shingles is cleared up and see what that shows. Could mean anything from physical therapy to an operation. I doubt an operation is really needed. I've had it for several years but it's been a lot worse in the past couple of months. I'm thinking it might be due to the fact I didn't work as much so the arm wasn't exercised the way it usually is. ;D

Ron,

Yes, it is. I wonder if I could file a lawsuit and force them to let me join? ;D Better yet, get a monetary award so I can pay off the coach!! ;D ;D Of course I haven't tried to join. Be my luck they'd say fine!

Jim,

I knew there was a downside to getting older, but then the alternative just ain't so attractive. BG

I hope you are feeling better.

Sheila and I are off to Chicago (via plane) for the weekend. With my luck it will snow!

ken

Jim

Jim Dick said:
It sure is a mystery. I'm now on a 50K land line and the speed is blinding compared to the WIFI! I may have to invest in a Directway someday if I lose the Verizon high speed. Found out the WIFI here at TGO is $5.95/day or $35/month. They also have weekly and yearly rates. Again I can't get a good signal. Think I'll stick with the land line.

When I was in Cape May I had the Coach Net WIFI, it was a metered bandwidth. It would work for browsing the internet it would fail using Microsoft Money to retreive daily stock quotes for investments, I had  to connect to Verizon and download quotes that way. Called the tech at Coach Net, of course they said everything was working fine. Well if everything is working fine how come I gotta go to my telephone to get the quotes to work?

Nelson

Not having used CoachNet, a couple of things could cause that problem.  They may be blocking all but selected ports (HTTP, POP3, SMTP) and Money may be using one or more of the blocked ports for it's secure connections.  CoachNet may be using a proxy server that Money won't work through.

Back
Top Bottom