Dreaming of upgrading to fifth wheel toy hauler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gravesdiesel

I love my current travel trailer and its nice amenities but would love to upgrade to a fifth wheel at some point  In doing so, I would lose my 8' x 9' flatbed space on my truck that I can currently use to haul two golf carts on.  I have therefore been considering a fifth wheel toy hauler and LOVE the KZ Venom V3411TK!  I would be able to put the two golf carts in the 11 foot garage easily and still have extra room there.  Do any of yall have fifth wheel toy haulers?  I love nice features in my current RV, especially the private bedroom, nicely equipped kitchen and the large shower.  The V3411TK has these features also.  I am assuming my overall rig length with tow vehicle would not be much different between the current 262RKS and the V3411TK, so I could still use the same camping spots.  Opinions, comments and suggestions are welcome!  Thanks!

Buying a toy hauler was the best thing I ever did!  We use the garage to haul my Polaris Ranger to and from riding spots. When it's unloaded, that room becomes a play area for my kids when the weather goes south and it becomes a bedroom at night. It's nice to have a separate room for the kids so that mom and dad can enjoy a movie or just some quiet time after they go to bed. The built in generator and on-board fuel tank are awesome to have as well. No more gas cans for me! Boondocking is made even less stressful because toy haulers tend to have larger holding tanks.

Our KZ Sportsman 36SE3 has a spacious bedroom with a queen bed, excellent kitchen, the opposing slides leave us with a HUGE living room and the shower is big enough for my 6'1" 215 lb frame to move around in comfortably.

Regarding length, the trailer is 39' tip to tail. Surprisingly though, parked evenly next to my dad's 30' travel trailer, our trailer axles are nearly the exact length from the front of our trucks. It's amazing some of the places I've gotten our trailer into. The height of the trailer is usually my only limiting factor when boondocking.

The height is a concern for me also because I will no longer be able to store it in the shed of my shop.  The TT will barely fit and the fifth wheel units are certainly taller.
As for the generator, these things say they have "generator prep", so I assume that means I can add my own generator?  I would want a diesel one since my truck and ATV are diesel, plus I want to upgrade one of the golf carts to a Kubota RTV which is diesel.  A new truck is in the plans for the not so distant future too, while the Cummins Dodge can still be had with a manual transmission!
I have been also dreaming of the "Grand Design" 350M.  It is equally as sweet as the KZ Venom and even more so in a few aspects.
https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2017/toy-hauler/momentum/floorplans/350m

A diesel generator in a fifth wheel is not something I've seen before. With a little ingenuity, I'm sure it can be accomplished.

As a side note, unless you hate going faster than 15 mph or being able to climb even the slightest incline at more than a walking pace, you are going to hate the Kubota RTV.

lone_star_dsl said:
Buying a toy hauler was the best thing I ever did!  We use the garage to haul my Polaris Ranger to and from riding spots. When it's unloaded, that room becomes a play area for my kids when the weather goes south and it becomes a bedroom at night. It's nice to have a separate room for the kids so that mom and dad can enjoy a movie or just some quiet time after they go to bed. The built in generator and on-board fuel tank are awesome to have as well. No more gas cans for me! Boondocking is made even less stressful because toy haulers tend to have larger holding tanks.

Our KZ Sportsman 36SE3 has a spacious bedroom with a queen bed, excellent kitchen, the opposing slides leave us with a HUGE living room and the shower is big enough for my 6'1" 215 lb frame to move around in comfortably.,

Regarding length, the trailer is 39' tip to tail. Surprisingly though, parked evenly next to my dad's 30' travel trailer, our trailer axles are nearly the exact length from the front of our trucks. It's amazing some of the places I've gotten our trailer into. The height of the trailer is usually my only limiting factor when

I agree with everything said here right down to shower comment im 6'2 210lbs i have a Voltage as the floor plan was what i wanted but my toyhauler is great and we have 3 80lb boxes that we put to bed in the garage along with kids and toys and everything else

lone_star_dsl said:
A diesel generator in a fifth wheel is not something I've seen before. With a little ingenuity, I'm sure it can be accomplished.

As a side note, unless you hate going faster than 15 mph or being able to climb even the slightest incline at more than a walking pace, you are going to hate the Kubota RTV.

I currently have a 3800 watt Yanmar diesel generator which runs my 30 amp travel trailer just as well as when hooked to shore power.  They make a 5500 watt version and I have seen where Onan makes a 6000 watt diesel generator for RVs.  The generator will not be a huge priority but another future plan.
I have a farm so the RTV would be handy there, as well as at campgrounds, most of which have a 15mph or lower speed limit.  My neighbor friend has two RTVs and loves them.  Top speed on the ones he has is 25mph and they will pull anything you can hook to them.  I have a Kubota tractor and riding mower and love both of em, as well as the Miller welder I use for work that is powered by a Kubota engine.
I want to keep everything diesel, so the RTV would be good for places that allow "golf carts" and I can take the Arctic Cat TRV to other places.  Would be sweet to refuel them from the on board fuel tank too!

steveblonde said:
I agree with everything said here right down to shower comment im 6'2 210lbs i have a Voltage as the floor plan was what i wanted but my toyhauler is great and we have 3 80lb boxes that we put to bed in the garage along with kids and toys and everything else

I have a friend (actually now the sheriff of my county!) that has a Voltage toy hauler.  It is a sweet rig!  Sadly, he has only used it a few times and it has sat outside and deteriorated badly for the age of the unit (less than 5 years old).  I gotta have a bigger shower than his has though!  ;-)

steveblonde said:
we have 3 80lb boxes that we put to bed in the garage along with kids and toys and everything else

Steve, why do you need to put boxes to bed and what do you do with the dogs???  (HATE spell corrector!!)  8)  ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom