RV main cabin AC not coming on with generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got a class C 2017 RV the air conditioner on the roof that cools the main cabin is not coming on while the generator is on I thought it was supposed to be able to do that I've checked the breakers and none of them were tripped but yet the AC is not kicking on I've adjusted the thermostat still no AC kicking in am I missing something. Now when the RV is plugged into an electrical source the air conditioner works fine but for some reason it's not working when the generator is on

Assuming coach is 50 amp there are two breakers on the generator. Try resetting both.
Jennifer 

Crusher,
It doesn't seem that your camping world did a very good job of educating you or checking your coach.
As for your air conditioning not working on generator... I suspect that you don't have an automatic transfer switch and need to plug your power cord into a receptacle in your motor home.  Look in the bay where your power cord stores. I had a  Winnebago Sightseer that was like that.
If I may suggest that you spend some quality time with your operator's manual. And when you go back to CW, have them give you a thorough orient.

Crushers Coach said:
I've got a class C 2017 RV the air conditioner on the roof that cools the main cabin is not coming on while the generator is on I thought it was supposed to be able to do that I've checked the breakers and none of them were tripped but yet the AC is not kicking on I've adjusted the thermostat still no AC kicking in am I missing something. Now when the RV is plugged into an electrical source the air conditioner works fine but for some reason it's not working when the generator is on

Crushers Coach
A tripped output breaker on the generator itself can cause that.

It's difficult to help you when the year/make/model of RV is not identified. They are not all the same! Please add a signature in (it in your Forum Profile) with that info so you don't have to type it in every post.

Is it only the roof a/c that doesn't work, or other 120v appliances as well? If it has a microwave, does than work on genset power? Does the fridge shift to 120v power or stay on LP gas?  Note that the lighting is 12v powered, so unaffected by genset/shore availability.

Thanks all for feedback. Turns out the breaker on the actually generator tripped. Was shown the breaker and all is well. A/C is cranking good

Back
Top Bottom