Suggested RV Campgrounds for Waco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diesel Don

My wife has the "Fixer Upper" bug and we are looking at renting a Class A DP from someone and making the trek from Atlanta to Waco.  Anyone have any suggestions for a first timer on either RV campgrounds or national parks to stay at in the area?

Lake Waco is actually pretty nice or at least it was in the late 90's when I was there!  I have never been to the RV park there but they do have them.  I would imagine they are pretty nice as well.  Link below 
http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/waco/Recreation/Camping/Devareas.asp

:)) On rubanr's post. you will want to make reservations. My personal favorite is Speegleville Park. All of these are 15-20 minutes from Magnolia silos for a "Fixer-Upper" fix.
There are several commercial parks as well but they have no real access advantage...example I-35 RV Park north of Waco is straight up I-35 about 20 minutes away.

Midway Park is a COE park right on Lake Waco off Loop 340 and Hwy 6. There are some pull-throughs near the hwy and some nice, shaded back-ins further back from the road.
It'll probably take you 10-15 minutes to get to the silos in downtown Waco.
We only live 90 minutes from Waco and when we travel that way, Midway Park is where we stay.

Be sure to eat at Rudys Barbeque while there!  Best barbeque!  They have really good brisket.

Also you might want to shop at spice village    They have some same stuff that Joanna has only the prices are better

Peggyy said:
Be sure to eat at Rudys Barbeque while there!  Best barbeque!  They have really good brisket

Get what they call "moist," which means "fat," and boy is it good.  None of that cardboard-type brisket for me!  It won't be dry even when leftovers are warmed in the microwave, but its better fresh.

The creamed corn is also unexpectedly delicious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom