Copilot RV GPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoelP

Perhaps some of you have tried this app on your phone.  It would be good to have an alternative to Google Maps or Apple Maps, specifically designed for use in an RV.  I hate it when Goole Maps tells me to make a U Turn ahead on a street where an RV pulling a dinghy clearly cannot make any such turns.  This app claims to be able to tune the directions to the size of your RV and can run maps offline to save on data usage.

At $47 it won't break the bank if it works, but it would be a big waste if it is useless.  Some reviews say it is too slow in its response.  I can also imagine that these maps require considerable phone memory.

I wouldn't trade my paper map(s) and navigator (wife) for anything. I do use my GPS, but confirm with a real map. I guess it's like Ronald Reagan said, "Trust, but verify". :D

I use CoPilot Premium, and I'm quite happy with it. I like it better than the Garmin and TomTom units that I have also used. I've thought about upgrading to the RV version, but have not seen a need. Mine has never asked me to do a U-turn.

Joel

I have looked into this one quite heavily in the past, but never got the "courage" to spend the money to try it.  The few actual reviews I have seen are mostly positive but some not so much.  I just hate to spend that kind of money without having an abundance of positive experiences out there.....  I'd be much more apt to give it a shot if the price was a little less.  i just fear that things like map updates won't always be current, or it might be a bit glitchy....

I really hate to undercut the folks that make things like this app..... but for that price I keep hoping google will clue into the fact that these features are needed in their android map.

Back
Top Bottom