Sewer Drain Hose Type/ Length

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Metalman RVer

We picked up the new to us Glendale Titanium about 2 weeks ago & have been getting to know it on our own property now since then, having a 50 amp shore power plug installed, but so far very minimal use of water, mostly just washing a few dishes in the sink etc..  We have a little 2 day trip planned about 10 days from now & I have a question about what type/length of sewer hose to buy.  A 10' length of cheapie hose only was supplied by the RV dealer.  Likely we want the clear type elbow for connecting at the top to monitor flow & also a discharge elbow where it goes into the dump station? As far as length is concerned, should we be carrying about 20' total length of the hose? One length or two? Is there a better quality brand to look for?

I do the same, three lengths 10 ft.  Have used the 3rd very rarely.
maybe 94% of the time at a CG or dump station I only use 1 section

I carry two 10 footers. I bought the kit in the following link about 3 or 4 years ago and it's still serving me well. I'd consider it a mid-level grade/quality but I'm a "camper" so I use it much different than a full timer, of course. I also use a clear connection at the RV end of the hose. I've had it stretched to the max a couple of times but so far 20' has worked for me!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Revolution-Swivel-RV-Sewer-Hose-Kit-20/23636862

I find that 10 ft is rarely long enough, yet 20 ft is usually overkill.  Rhino (Rhinoflkex) has a 15 ft hose and a 5 ft extension, which has worked well for me. Most of the time the 15 footer is fine, but once in a while I need to add the 5 ft extension.

I also carry a third cheap hose stashed away just in case.  It's tucked away in a not-so-easy storage space cause the last time I needed a 3rd hose was 2010.

When you buy the discharge elbow be sure to get one that has multiple diameters of threaded ends to screw into the variety of sewer inlets such as this Camco:

https://smile.amazon.com/Camco-39736-RhinoFLEX-Bayonet-Fitting/dp/B01N5H2FCE/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1498665136&sr=8-2-fkmr3&keywords=RV+sewer+discharge+elbow

Gary RV_Wizard said:
I find that 10 ft is rarely long enough, yet 20 ft is usually overkill.  Rhino (Rhinoflkex) has a 15 ft hose and a 5 ft extension, which has worked well for me. Most of the time the 15 footer is fine, but once in a while I need to add the 5 ft extension.

I also carry a third cheap hose stashed away just in case.  It's tucked away in a not-so-easy storage space cause the last time I needed a 3rd hose was 2010.

I can see where that makes sense..... as I mentioned I normally get by with 10ft in campgrounds...but a 15ft would make things a lot easier.
I might even consider a 15ft + a 10ft as a good (maybe better than my 30ft total) combination

JoelP said:
When you buy the discharge elbow be sure to get one that has multiple diameters of threaded ends to screw into the variety of sewer inlets such as this Camco:

https://smile.amazon.com/Camco-39736-RhinoFLEX-Bayonet-Fitting/dp/B01N5H2FCE/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1498665136&sr=8-2-fkmr3&keywords=RV+sewer+discharge+elbow
I second the Rhinoflex hose.  Damn good product. I have two of them and love them.  I connect 45 feet of hose together to dump my tanks into my shop septic cleanout after boonie camping and they work great.  I have a 15 foot long CAMCO cheapie hose I keep stored in the bumper of my RV and two 15 foot Rhinoflex hoses.  They are also awesome because they "compress" and you only "stretch out" what you need.  USA made too! I have the lottle section of clear CAMCO pipe that connects to my sewer dump outlet and the cap will still fit on it with it connected, so I leave it in place all the time.

Congrats on the new rig! I have a 15' Rhino hose that I purchased from Walmart and really like it (the hose not the job). You can also buy the clear elbows for them aftermarket. I think I paid around $25-$30 for my hose. I've yet to have a need for a longer hose and I've been to quite a few different campgrounds. Good luck and enjoy your new RV.

The longer the rig is, the more likely you will need more/longer hoses. The potential distance between RV outlet and site sewer gets longer. Big rig sites tend to place the utilities further away as well, or at least give the opportunity to park further away.

Picked up a "Rhino" kit with two 10' sections, some end caps & the discharge elbow & reducers today, along with a separate clear 45? elbow.  Rhino kit a bit pricy over here in Canada @ $89:99, but our dollar does not stretch as far as the USA with the exchange difference. Slowly getting things in shape to travel.

Back
Top Bottom