Installing a Shower Seat in Beaver motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking about installing a shower seat on the wall of my shower in a 2006 Beaver Monterey coach. Any suggestions? I know the idea scenario would be to find a wood stud to attach it to. Pushing on the exterior walls of the showers I don't feel anything of substance. I assume I could use toggle bolts but the strength of the finished product I don't think would be very durable. Probably needs to hold up to 200 lbs. if setting on it. Any suggestions. I'm not real sure about what there is to connect to behind the walls. Thanks

When my wife's invalid sister traveled with us some years ago, I found a small shower seat online that fit in our shower stall. I replaced the original rubber feet with lengths of aluminum angle covered with vinyl hose and pop riveted between the legs on each side to provide more support area. A couple of hooks high on the shower wall gave us a place to store the seat when not use, allowing normal use of the stall. Assisting her in and out of the shower in the small bathroom was a bigger challenge than the seat. Later on, that setup also worked well when our teenage granddaughter was recovering from a serious back injury and needed assistance.

That's for sure! I think the portable seat is the way to go. To many unforeseeable problems down the road with trying to attach one to the wall without taking the entire shower out and reinforcing the wall behind it. I think I will pass on that headache/adventure. Have a great 4th of July.

I hope you have a great 4th as well! I seem to recall a shower seat with large suction cup feet too, but I couldn't find a link to one with a quick search.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom