Yellowstone - Fall 2017 Rally?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kim (skyking4ar2) Bertram

Moderator Emeritus
One of our bucket list adventures has been Yellowstone National Park in the fall. Our paths over the last seven years have always had us poorly positioned to do it, but this year, because we are coming back down from Alaska, it just happens to be right on the path.

As some will remember, the RV Forum YNP Rally in May of 2016 we organized was well attended, and most folks had a really big time, many their first trip to the park.

Our hosts for that rally, Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone, have said we are welcome again in the first two weeks of October before they physically close for the winter on October 15. We will get the same shoulder season rates we got last year and Grizzly is certainly a very first class way to explore the park from just outside the west gates. Another obvious advantage is thinner crowds and the some different animal behavior as the critters get ready for a long winter.

Sooooo....I am gauging a response, since we will be there, to who might want to be a little more adventurous than normal and join us. No need to commit at this time at all, but I need to decide if I want to fire this up, and if so, for how many people. As usual, folks start toward a rally, and life happens. In this case, just like the last one, there's not going to be any penalties for bailing.

If you have an interest, post your response, and we'll keep you informed as it takes shape.

Dare to be different!

Kim & Christi Bertram

Sounds great.  We will be heading home from YNP just about the time of the proposed rally. 
I'm sure it will be fun and successful.

Kim (skyking4ar2) Bertram said:
How'd you like the cabin last time?

Not so well, Kim. The bed and couch were lousy, and the kitchen was just barely usable. There wasn't a comfortable seat in the place. With a real bed, instead of a vinyl covered foam camping mattress (Mary Ann preferred the floor), and a couch that actually had cushions, not a thin pretend foam in the fabric, the kitchen could have been tolerated much better.

Otherwise the whole park is great (we've been there before in a motorhome).

We had originally planned on heading to Yellowstone in late September/early November, but we decided to go to the Lanesboro, Min esoteric rally instead. We are tying that to a trip on the Current River in Missouri in mid October. Now if you decide to do it in 2018, we might be up for it.

UTTransplant said:
We had originally planned on heading to Yellowstone in late September/early November, but we decided to go to the Lanesboro, Min esoteric rally instead. We are tying that to a trip on the Current River in Missouri in mid October. Now if you decide to do it in 2018, we might be up for it.

I like the label "esoteric rally".  ;D

Eric and I will also be at the esoteric rally in Lanesboro, MN.  We might be interested in a Yellowstone rally next fall.

As much as this is a bucket list item for us as well, it will undoubtedly remain so until retirement.  With tax extensions due on October 15th, I am crazy busy then.  My time off would start after October 15th, which doesn't work with Grizzly.  I know this is out of your control, but sort of out of my control as well.  Hope it's everything a bucket list item should be.  Post lots of pics!

Steve & Dee

I absolutely love the idea!  I recently retired, but my wife is still working for a couple of years, and because she is a teacher, we cannot travel during school times. I hope this idea continues so we can join you when she retires!

It is a possibility.  Our plan is to be at Glacier in September and then down into Idaho and Utah so we will be in that area.  We were just in Yellowstone in May but enjoyed it so much we may decide to do it again.  We are a definite maybe.

Back
Top Bottom