Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peggyy

Have you stayed at the Vine yards campground in Grapevine Texas?  If so what did you think.  Did you have a great site near the water and was there any shade.  I don't like that they make you pay the entire reservation up front but if it's a great campground I can deal with that.

We never stayed there, but visited some acquaintances we knew when we went to Dallas for an event.  It is a very nice (or at least was back then, about 6 years ago).  Very neat and well kept.  The people we knew were staying there semi-long term, and had no issues or complaints.

I've never stayed there, but Vineyards is our planned campground when we drive to Dallas to visit friends and family. Out of all the RV parks / Campgrounds I've researched in DFW, Vineyards seems to be the nicest and most close to the Dallas proper. Our second choice was Cedar Hill State Park.
Here's a review if you haven't already seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS6UvouLyW0

We stayed there in March and loved it. Probably the best park we have stayed in since we left Florida in February. Wish we had planned better and stayed more than 2 nights. Very convenient to Dallas. Be sure to eat at Hard Eight Pit Bar B Q in Coppel. What an experience and food was yummy.

We've hit all 48 states and the Vineyards RV park is in the top 5 parks we've ever stayed at. 

We were there for a week and explored the area including the ranch where they shot the outside scenes for the TV show Dallas. 

Grapevine is a fun town to explore.

It all depends on which way the wind is blowing. It's very close to DFW Airport, one of the busiest airports in the country. Normally, wind blows from the south so airplanes land from the north and take off to the south. Landing airplanes are much quieter than airplanes that take off.

When the wind changes direction and comes from the north, airplanes take off to the north and it's very loud when you're trying to sleep (or talk or think).

It's a great park, with that one exception. We have stayed there a couple of times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom