Turned In The Keys today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lou Schneider

Site Team
No, I didn't hang up the keys, in fact the RV keys are coming off the wall now.

What I did was turn in the work keys ... as of today I'm officially retired!

My plans are set in Jello - first get the trailer I've been living in from Van Nuys to my lot in the Pahrump Escapee co-op.  Probably won't start on that until after the July 4 holiday.

Then in late July I'll spend a week with my Mom in Indio while my sister, her niece and their family go on a week long Hawaii cruise.

After that, I'll meander over towards Colorado for the Ouray rally.  Probably ride the Durango and Chama steam trains along the way.

Enough planning for now ... I'm tuckered out!

Congratulations (again) Lou. Hope this one is for real  ;D

Lou, Lou, Lou.  :-*  Did they really ... finally ... let you retire ... for good?  I'll believe it in about a year if they don't, once again, consider you irreplaceable, and call you back.  We're rooting for you!  Stick with it, and enjoy.  You've certainly earned it. 

Thanks everyone.  This time it's for good - I promise!

OutdoorFT, I worked for KCRW, a NPR station based in Los Angeles.  They have a half dozen full power FM stations and another half dozen or so low power translators scattered around Southern California, stretching from San Luis Obispo to Palm Springs, Mojave to San Diego.  I ran around to the various mountaintops and kept it all running.

Lou Schneider said:
Thanks everyone.  This time it's for good - I promise!

OutdoorFT, I worked for KCRW, a NPR station based in Los Angeles.  They have a half dozen full power FM stations and another half dozen or so low power translators scattered around Southern California, stretching from San Luis Obispo to Palm Springs, Mojave to San Diego.  I ran around to the various mountaintops and kept it all running.
very cool! Congrats again! I am envious at the old age of 26  ;D

Happy Retirement Lou! Go out and do the things you want to do and have a blast! I've been retired for about 16 months now. I personally don't call it retirement but rather permanent vacation.  ;D

Congrats! Sounds like you are really going to enjoy being retired. The main thing is to keep busy. I've done it twice. First time we were fulltimers in a 5er. Retired again in 2015 in a new house. Much busier in the new house. Told my wife I may have to go back to work to get some rest. Enjoy your retirement. You deserve it. Now I have to get back to my new job- watching after the two grandkids.

Back
Top Bottom