Turned In The Keys today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband was just lamenting yesterday we never get a vacation since we retired LOL! Enjoy your new stage of life. I really enjoyed my job and my co-workers, but once I found out that we were financially ready for retirement, we took it. Great choice.

Lou ... did you consider changing your cell phone number and not leaving a forwarding address ??    ;) ;D ;D

Congratulations ... Enjoy !!  :))

Howard

Congratulations.  It's about time.  Hope you can make this round of retirement last!

Hope to see you on the road.

Dan and  Jeannine

Jerry wants to know if this is the second or third retirement?!?  ;D ;D ;D  Seriously, congratulations for a long-overdue permanent vacation.  You're gonna love it!

ArdraF and JerryF

ArdraF said:
Jerry wants to know if this is the second or third retirement?!?  ;D ;D ;D  Seriously, congratulations for a long-overdue permanent vacation.  You're gonna love it!

ArdraF and JerryF

Me, too!  I've lost count.  He's going to be really good at retirement because he's tried it so many times.  ;D ;D ;D  Remember when you would come to Quartzsite while still working and sleep so late the "Mom's" would think you might be dead and check on you?  haha  Best wishes.  I know you'll succeed this time.

First time for real, Ardra.  I've taken off a year at a time here and there, but I always knew I'd have to go back to work at some point because I was nowhere near the eligible age for Social Security and a pension.  Now I am, and the extra year and a half employment since I turned 62 has restored my nest egg to a healthy level.

So in the words of the immortal Bullwinkle the Moose as he tried to pull a rabbit out of his hat for the umpteenth time, "This time for sure!"  ;D

Margi, the reason I slept so late at Quartzsite was because as soon as I'd get off work, I'd hop in the RV and start driving there, only pulling over for a few hours of sleep when it became impossible to continue.  Long distance truckers had nothing on me.  Then I'd make up for the missed sleep during the first few days I was there.

Margi, the reason I slept so late at Quartzsite was because as soon as I'd get off work, I'd hop in the RV and start driving there, only pulling over for a few hours of sleep when it became impossible to continue.  Long distance truckers had nothing on me.  Then I'd make up for the missed sleep during the first few days I was there.

Oh, we knew that.  We were Moms, after all.  Knowing how industrious and dedicated you were though, we just had to make sure you had not overdone it, so we would wake you up to make sure you were still alive.  That's what Moms do.  ;D ;D ;D 

Congrats Lou, you too will soon adjust to the new lifestyle, as a friend says, it is high school all over again except no homework or exams.  Also, you will soon start to wonder how you ever found the time to have gone to work as your days will be so filled with things to do.

Ed

Lou,  Congrats.  What is your site number, I'll do a drive by and make sure it's still there.  Yes, I do live in Pahrump.

Back
Top Bottom