Motorcoach wont turn off after hooking up toad electrical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 2006 Beaver Laguna IV motorhome. After I hook up my toad (2002 Tacoma) the engine wont shut off on the motorcoach until I unplug the electrical on the toad. I'm not sure what would cause this, possibly a bad ground or feedback? All signals etc. are working great on the toad when hooked up. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

If this is a diesel engine, the engine shut down takes place by releasing a fuel solenoid by cutting off the fuel supply. It sounds like the 12V supply for the  toad is taken from a spot  that keeps said solenoid operated to a ground being supplied by the toad and thus the engine continues running. May be as simple as moving the wire to the input side of the solenoid.

Simply find a better 12V supply for the toad.

I had the same thing happen with my Country Coach.  Simple put a diode in the output line to the toad to prevent feedback. 

The battery in your toad is energizing the fuel solenoid by backfeeding thru the connection.

SPECIAL NOTE!!!

This topic was started at about 10 AM today.  Options were offered and problem FIXED by 11:30 AM today.

WHAT A GREAT FORUM!!!

Back
Top Bottom