2006 Beaver Monterey Laguna IV King-Dome Satellite Operation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 2006 Beaver Monterey Laguna IV Coach with the King-Dome original Roof mounted Satallite. Model #9702LP mfg 12/5/2005. It appears inside that all electrical is working properly but no reception. I've been carrying a Dish Tailgater with me on our excursions. What I've read this system (King-Dome) is pretty much obsolete which they suggest upgrading it to a newer model roof top which is a pretty expensive investment. I also read where possibly if one contacts Dish they may be able to upgrade the existing King-Dome system. Anyone have any experience with this system and its value in today's technology? Thanks

When I bought a used 2007 Beaver several years ago I had a similar problem. The King folks told me they could upgrade the dome for the new Dish protocols (Dish had made considerable changes since the dome was new), at roughly $400 at that time. But it still wouldn't get DirecTV in HD no matter what. I eventually replaced it with a Winegard Trav'ler. Those old domes aren't worth much today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom