What is this speaker box in engine compartment on Beaver coach?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 2006 Beaver Monterey Laguna IV C9 coach. I have the Aladdin system and I've noticed when I've have it on the rear video for backing up etc., I cain't hear my wife talk to me when she's behind the coach giving me directions. I found a small round black looking box (approximately 2" in diameter with two wires (black/red and red wires) attached to a bracket in the engine compartment, looks like a speaker. Is this related to the Aladdin system or something unrelated? If it isn't related shouldn't there be some speaker system in the rear of the coach for one way communication to the driver. Thanks

Just a guess but I would think the "speaker box" is some sort of audible alarm.  Not familiar with your coach but I have seen a lot of horns and sirens that resemble a speaker.

Aounds more like a back up beeper.

Not all back up cameras have audio. You can add it if you wish, but not all have it Mine does not.  Not sure how to add it though as I've never tried that.. Always used radios.

My backup camera has audio and I can hear my wife giving instructions if I turn the audio up on the monitor. I keep it turned down though because you can also hear the diesel noise when running.

Back
Top Bottom