"New" Tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

Was under the motor home slide out making an adjustment and noticed my Inner Dual (Driver's side) was flat.. IT DID NOT SHREAD in fact from the angle I was looking it appeared to be in good shape yet (Big hole in sidewall I could not see till it came off)

SO today I got six "New" Used tires.. Should give me a couple of years at least before they age out and need replacement.. That gives me time to put hte funds in the banik..

GMC Tire, somewhere near Caro MI.. He got me a good deal on 'em too..

The fun part:  I Have a Harbor Freight 12 ton air/hydraulic bottle jack I bought back in 2005,, I've used it several times for assorted things including leveling the RV since the "house" hydraulics are out..... IT did yeoman's service when we swapped engines liftign the front end fully off the ground so we could pile lumber up to support the RV.

He uses the very same make and model

we had an inner blow one night. I thought a plane had crashed next to us or something.  ??? knocked some of the cold weather foam off the compartment next to it, but, other than scaring us and the dogs, no harm no foul. The weird part was the tire was only 3 years old. Tire shop said it had rusty steel inside and it just let go. Glad it wasn't on the highway. 

Attachments

• DSC00859.JPG
    DSC00859.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 37
I don't know when this one blew, but the bead seperated from the rim so I suspect I was on the road,, I did not notice it, I am fairly sure it was NOT blown when I left the last campground I was in as I the slide has an issue and as a result I'm under the RV every time I take down or set up (I have to run the slide in and out with a portable battery hooked direct to the motor.... Good old power gear....New controller should be in Rachel's hands as I type install next week I hope)

Today we work on Dash Air.

I can tell you I feel a whole lot better with the younger tires though.

Back
Top Bottom