fuse distribution center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Val J

Hi new to forum  , have a 2013 Thor ACE 30.1  , I lost all 3 of my 12v cigarette lighter sockets , power that is,  I understand its a large fuse under the hood by steering wheel area but i cant figure out how to open the box cover  , thanks for any suggestion  Val J

Ok, depending on your RV there are multiple fuses for multiple lighter sockets, and multiple fuse boxes.

YOu said "Under the hood near byu the steering wheel".. ON my workhorse custom chassis Motor home there is one there all right, it's an Intelletec Battery Control Center.. On either side is a "Tab" that is blasted hard to re-lock, you pull it out (Sideways) from a couple of things it hooks to.. Take a very close look at it, and the cover comes off.

There is also the main chassis box which is front and center, to the left of the IBCC.. Opens the same way

And a 3r4 smaller block near the parking brake inside.  Can't tell you which one will have the lighter fuses.

OH, and the house panel.. some of my lighter sockets are there.

Val J said:
Hi new to forum  , have a 2013 Thor ACE 30.1  , I lost all 3 of my 12v cigarette lighter sockets , power that is,  I understand its a large fuse under the hood by steering wheel area but i cant figure out how to open the box cover, thanks for any suggestion  Val J

Welcome!!

That will likely be part of the chassis and will depend on the make of the chassis itself (Ford??). Might take a flat screwdriver inserted in a slot on the box and turned or a tab to be flipped up, maybe by carefully using a flat screwdriver there too.

Back
Top Bottom