Need more advice for wiring in new all in one inverter/converter/solar charger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pklundell

Hi everyone, I had gotten some tips about wire in this device.
https://www.amazon.com/GTSUN-Inverter-Controller-Regulator-Transfer/dp/B00SIUIBMS/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1498512904&sr=1-3&keywords=gtsun+3000

My unit has a 50amp service to accommodate both of the Air Conditioning units. However this new inv/conv is on a 30amp. If I understood below is how to handle but then I need more info.

OK, I think this is they way that I see you all telling me. And yes probably the best.
1.    Install a new exterior female 120v 30a connector (NEMA 5-30l)  Run this to the new inv/conv/charger. And a dogbone from the 50amp male line to the new 30amp female connector. (or a new 30amp shoreline would do it)

Not quite sure one
2.    Then install an ATS to decide if power if coming from the 50 amp line or the 30amp line. (some may ok, but someone may say no) (which modifies the original wiring)

Really need help on this. from where the new unit and batteries are to the distribution panel would be about a 40ft run of new cable or tie it back  in to the original wiring.
3.    Then when the power reaches the distribution panel. I still have to shutdown the original charger if using the 30amp source.

Currently only have 4 12volt batteries and 450 watts of solar, but when finished with this is install I'm putting in 4 6volt and an additional 450 watts of solar.

Help for lines 2 and 3 guys. I know I'm sounding like an idiot but that's why I'm here asking.
Thank you everyone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom