Replacing A/C's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

napalm204

On a previous post I sought help about how to purchase a replacement Dometic A/C.  The Dometic folks tell me that the new model to replace my old one is B57915.XX1CO.  It seems that it will fit my 14 X 14 opening and will work with my existing thermostat.  I am wondering if anyone out there has purchased a new A/C unit and found that it dropped in and plugged into existing coach wiring without modifications?  I have had my old A/C units out to resurface my roof, so I know how to remove and replace them.  This new model seems to be my best option, but I would sure like to know if it wires directly back in, since I am not the best electrician.  Has anyone done this?  Can I hear from you about it?  Thanks in advance for any replies.

They should be very much alike, but not necessarily plug-compatible. Dometic is your best source on the number and function of the wires, old vs new.  The actual wires & plugs on the RV side came from the RV builder, though, so they will still have to be mated up..

Carrier no longer is in the RV A/C business so I was unable to buy a Carrier Replacement

So I got first an Advent Air (Do not recommend) with an adapt-kit.. Changed one socket (included in the kit) on the carrier control unit and  plugged it in, No problem

The other one got a Coleman replacement.. Was unable to get the adapt-a-kit so went with "local" controls.. Not a problme for 6'+ me in this RV as I can easily reach them... Likewise, Dropped in, The Ducting unit was not changed or modified in any way,

napalm204 said:
On a previous post I sought help about how to purchase a replacement Dometic A/C.  The Dometic folks tell me that the new model to replace my old one is B57915.XX1CO.  It seems that it will fit my 14 X 14 opening and will work with my existing thermostat.  I am wondering if anyone out there has purchased a new A/C unit and found that it dropped in and plugged into existing coach wiring without modifications?  I have had my old A/C units out to resurface my roof, so I know how to remove and replace them.  This new model seems to be my best option, but I would sure like to know if it wires directly back in, since I am not the best electrician.  Has anyone done this?  Can I hear from you about it?  Thanks in advance for any replies.

just did this 2 weeks ago. wife and I placed a new one and it wired right in. There was no modifications and it hooked right up to my existing thermostat.

Attachments

• IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom