HDMI cable to rear bedroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thebrits

I want to run an HDMI cable from the satellite receiver to the rear bedroom. Has anyone attempted this, and if so what is the best way to tackle it. I have a 2004 Itasca Suncruiser 37C.

TIA

Just a thought, instead of trying to thread the large HDMI plugs through holes, etc. it might be easier to run a pair of inexpensive Cat 5 (Ethernet) cables with their smaller plugs (or terminate them after you run the cables) and use a pair of these HDMI to Cat 6 adapters:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8121

Easiest way is drill a hole through floor then another hole back up into bedroom. Tie wrap cable to something underneath.

If you decide to run hdmi cable, pay attention to the direction as the longer ones can be directional.

Daffy said:
If you decide to run hdmi cable, pay attention to the direction as the longer ones can be directional.
Thanks for that info Daffy, that is why I love it here, I learn something new every day. I never knew that longer HDMI cables had to have a high frequency amplifier in them. They get their power from one end and that needs to be the correct end.

HDMI cables can be up to 50' long without any amplifier. We use one at work.

SkateBoard said:
Easiest way is drill a hole through floor then another hole back up into bedroom. Tie wrap cable to something underneath.

HDMI connectors are actually easier to pull as they don't snag. HDMI connector is 13.9 x 4.45 mm and 8p8c plug is 11.68 x 8.30 mm and has a latching tab that catches on things easily.

Wireless HDMI might be the simplest answer.  Cost a little more but the install will be simple.  And you can take it with you to your next RV.

Back
Top Bottom