Fridge not powering on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goose33

I went to go power on my fridge tonight to get it ready for our trip tomorrow. It is currently hooked to my house power. Everything is getting juice and I have even replaced the fuse for the fridge. The fridge will not power on. Is there any sort of reset on these Atwood Helium fridges? Any help would be appreciated.

I think my wife and I (and phone conversations with my dad) figured out the issue. Both 40A converter fuses are shot. I initially wired my new battery up incorrectly and it blew them out. I'll run to ACE Hardware later this morning and pick some up. Thanks.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
That would do it. The fridge cannot run without 12v power for its circuit board, even though the main power is 120vac from shore.

Thanks. Once I replaced the two 40A fuses, I had power to the fridge, but it wouldn't connect to either gas or AC to begin cooling. Turns out there are three fuses behind the fridge, on the fridges circuit board and one of those 3A fuses were bad. Once I replaced that one I was in business. It's amazing the domino effect an improperly wired battery can have on your camper. I have certainly learned a lot about my camper in the last 12-15 hours. Happy 4th everyone!

good to hear you got it working. sounds like you earned a few cold ones. enjoy your 4th too

Back
Top Bottom