frig panel light incorrect on propane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan2u

We have a Dometic 3-way frig, about 2006 vintage. Works fine in all three modes EXCEPT that the indicator light in propane mode can give the wrong info. It should be always on when operating and flickering when not operating. So with ours, if I turn it to "gas" and it goes on solid, all is well. But when it flickers it may still be running. If everything else is quiet I can turn it to gas and it just clicks, it is not running. But I can hear it click and ignite - the light will be flickering and I can go outside and see the flame -- so I know it it running. But the light is still flickering, which makes the light useless.

I suspect there is a thermocoupler out there that detects the flame, and this is not working. Any ideas what to adjust to get this working again? Thanks in advance.

Stan,  I really can't help with the diagnosis as my dometic cooling unit is broke and replaced with a residential frig.  If you find out anything and want/need parts, email me.  I am wondering, do all the other things on the panel work?

There is indeed a thermocouple that detects the flame, but the controller board shuts off the gas valve if it fails to detect a flame within about 20 seconds of ignition and at any time thereafter. I doubt if the flickering has anything to do with the thermocouple (which is built into the igniter) or its wiring.

What model Dometic is it?  I've not seen or heard of one with the "flicker when not operating" indicator, but there are plenty of Dometic models I've not seen.

You can get Dometic fridge service manuals at http://bryantrv.com/docs.html

Back
Top Bottom