Water heater problems!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lskalski

I just bought a 2011 Prowler and I have it at a full hookup this weekend. I bought it from a dealer and everything is working great. Except I have no hot water and nothing coming out of the faucet. Cold is great. The hot water tank is empty I opened the release and nothing was in there. I suspect a shutoff is off from it being stored at the dealer but I cannot find any valves anywhere. I'm new to the whole camping world so I'd love some help! I found the water heater outside but nothing inside.

The tank valve is in the winterize position. Get access to the back side of the hot water tank and there will be a valve at the bottom, turn this valve and it will let the tank fill with water (you will have to bleed the air thru your faucets. Hopefully you haven't turned on your electric to the tank or you may have burned out your electric element.

This may be a stupid question but what is the best way to get access to the back of the tank? I didn't turn anything on because I knew no water was going to it

Look inside a cabinet where the water heater back is. There could be 3 valves. Inlet, outlet and bypass.

If you have the option of electric hot water, make sure you don't turn on the switch for the element until the tank is full of water otherwise, you'll burn out the element. The way to tell if it's full is just open up the pressure/temperature valve on the outside. It's the valve at the upper right hand corner.
Now , you mentioned you didn't get any water at all out of the hot water faucets. If that's the case, you may have another issue.

I found the back of the water heater and now I have water coming out!! The lines on the water heater were winterized still. I can hear the tank filling and making noises. How long should I wait until I should have hot water?

Lskalski said:
I found the back of the water heater and now I have water coming out!! The lines on the water heater were winterized still. I can hear the tank filling and making noises. How long should I wait until I should have hot water?

If you turned on the electric without knowing that the tank was completely full, you could be waiting for a long time like a eternity. What we usually do is fill the tank and run all the hot water faucets till there is no more air coming out. Then we turn on the electric water heater.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom