1987 bounder Class A 27ft issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gulbez

Its got a cracked windshield for starters, and its having trouble starting. new carter fuel pump carburetor has been gone through and cleaned, jets spray great i have good spark good compression. I've actually had it running a few times although not for very long sounded alright.  ran a little rough but the gas is a little old and i have put fresh in, the tank is a little above half a tank. I also i have the carter fuel pump run directly off the battery with a inline fuse able link an to a on off switch. It has a new battery for the engine as well.  i have also noticed my tail lights stay on after i first turn the ignition to the on position. I can turn it off take the key out and my tail lights will stay on.  I can disconnect the battery and reconnect it an they will be off until i turn the ignition on. I imagine this is causing a voltage drop but i would think it would be nominal. I also do not have a wiring diagram and there seems to be alterations.  I need to get the camper out of where its at soon any advice would be greatly appreciated.

or is there a better place to be asking this?
opinions. 

Define "gas a little old"

Adding 5 gallons of fresh fuel to 20 gallons of stale fuel will ruin 5 gallons of fresh fuel.

Empty the fuel tank. Disconnect the fuel line at the carb, hook a temporary hose to it, place the end of the hose in your favorite waste fuel container, and run your electric fuel pump until the tank is dry.

At this point, replace fuel filter and add 5 gallons of fresh fuel. Fire it up and hope for the best.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom