Dual hitch extender plus bike rack plus tent trailer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macdian

Hi - wanting to confirm this is not a smart idea

To get a bike rack between the tent trailer and hitch, using a dual extender and long ball mount.

See pictures for hitch tongue weight. Tongue weight of our tent trailer is only 135lbs, and the bikes will be kids bikes.

Thanks!
Ian

Attachments

• IMG_3615sm.jpg
    IMG_3615sm.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3616.JPG
    IMG_3616.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Harbor freight also sell one that is a dual mount called the multi use ball mount and recover for about 40 bucks.  You don't have to add a. Extender.      m.harborfreight.com/multi-use-ball-mount-66966.html.    Hope this link works if not Google Harbor freight go to trailer receivers.  You will see the kind you have and the one I have mentioned. Also I think you can get it on Amazon.  That will work a lot better for you. I now a few people w/o use this type

OR you could mount a flat bike rack on top of camper if a popup. OR mount the bikes on the rear bumper of the camper with a receiver bolted to rear bumper, both options allow for you to open the rear gate/ glass of the TV.

I don't see a problem at all. You are WELL below the maximum.

I wish I could find one of those dual hitch receivers that had a tow weight at 5k or more.  I want to use the bottom for my toad and top for bicycle rack.

put the bikes on top of the tent trailer or mount a hitch reciever to the back bumper of the tent trailer are other ideas

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom