2017 Sightseer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We just traded our Jayco Precept for a new Sightseer. Still trying to figure things out on it.  Anyone know if the door handle is suppose to light up? It is clear with what looks like small, long bulbs in it.
Also, we have the auto satellite on the roof and just ordered a receiver from Direct TV ( since that is our home service ). Do we actually have to go up on the roof and change settings on the satellite?
Any other tips or advice is welcomed.

Thanks!
Tracey

Hi Tracey,
Welcome.
The handle does not light up.
You should not need to go on the roof. Many people don't buy a separate receiver, they just bring one from home.

The satellite dome on the roof will have been pre-configured for some satellite service, usually either Dish or Direct TV if sold in the USA.  Need to know the make & model of the dome to determine how it is re-configured, but you probably do not have to go onto the roof to do it.

Some of those door handles light up, but apparently yours does not have the bulb or wiring installed for it.

I know the satellite is a winguard but not sure of the model, will have to check my paperwork. I had to order the receiver as our main one is in an upper cabinet and the others are just the genies.
Also on the roof, on the passenger side between the restroom and bedroom there is a screw with a plastic casing, any idea what that is for?

I will as soon as I can climb up there. It is on the passenger side and you can see the black casing when standing next to the coach. When I first checked it out, it looked like and upside down bolt with the threads showing but encased in a black plastic sleeve. I turned it and the whole thing screwed off.

Yep, that is a radio antenna. Based on its location, I'd guess it's for your outside radio.
Edit to add that part of the is missing there should be a flexible antenna screwed into that. Get your dealer to fix it

Yup, radio antenna for the outside entertainment center. That is exactly where mine is mounted on my 2012 Sightseer.

ChasA said:
Yep, that is a radio antenna. Based on its location, I'd guess it's for your outside radio.
Edit to add that part of the is missing there should be a flexible antenna screwed into that. Get your dealer to fix it
You get the free case of RF Forum eBeer - you called it first!  :D

I hope I don't get drunk. Hey guys,  the  bar is open ebeer is on me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom