Aspect 26A Slideout Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolin

Motorhome: 2007 Aspect 26A
Appearance: The top of the slide out nearest to the rear of the motorhome is about 1 inch lower than the side near the front of the motorhome.  It has been this way for a long time.  It may have been that way when we purchased it (it was used).

Problem: When trying to retract the slide out we heard an unusual noise and noticed that the slide out was not straight.  One side was out further than the other.  Ran the slide out all the way out.  I went out to push on the side that was not correct while the wife retracted the slideout.  Now the front side is flush with the motorhome wall and the rear side is aboiut 3/4 inch from the side of the motorhome. 

Goal: Level the slide out vertically and realign so both sides are flush with the wall when retracted.

Any inputs would be appreciated:
I could not find any adjustments to alter the vertical level of the slide.  I think I have figured out how to realign it.  Can't find a manual that provides detailed mechanical info on this slide.  I think it is a Schwintek, but not sure.

I would like to understand how to adjust up/down, side to side, and in/out.
Thanks

The Winnebago online parts catalog shows a dwg of the slideout mechanism,  but no detail at all, unfortunately.  The description is:  150661-01-000 EA SLIDEOUT - ELECTRIC/SLIM .............. way different than my Kwikee/Power Gear mechanism......but it doesn't look like the pictures I have seen of Schwintek.

You might call Winnebago service at  1-800-537-1885 and ask to talk to a tech.  I have found them helpful.  Maybe they could email you a PDF of the service procedure.  The guys I have talked to there in each case were men who had hands-on experience in the service dept.  Wait times can be long, but worth it IMHO.
Just my 'sperience.

Good luck with a fix................  ed s

Thanks Youracman, I have downloaded the parts catalog for our unit.  I will call the number you provided and see if they can provide any assistance.  Fingers crossed.

"Tried to call but they are closed Mon and Tue to celebrate the 4th"

Back
Top Bottom