TT decal protection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goose33

I have a 2014 Keystone Passport and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a product to use on the outside decals? I use Nu Finish or Gel-Gloss on the camper itself, but those products don't seem to do that well on the decals.

303 Aerospace Protectant has UV inhibitors.  Several applications per year should help keep your decals from fading but I haven't used it that long on my 1 yr old trailer to be able to personally attest to that.  I have used it for years on the leather and plastic on my motorcycle.  Read on a forum somewhere that it works well on RV decals as well.  Just spray on a rag/pad and wipe on.  No buffing, etc like wax.

Krow said:
303 Aerospace Protectant has UV inhibitors.  Several applications per year should help keep your decals from fading but I haven't used it that long on my 1 yr old trailer to be able to personally attest to that.  I have used it for years on the leather and plastic on my motorcycle.  Read on a forum somewhere that it works well on RV decals as well.  Just spray on a rag/pad and wipe on.  No buffing, etc like wax.

Thanks Krow. I'll look into that stuff. Regular polish or wax seem to actually be making them worse.

If anything will help, the 303 is probably it. I'm not real optimistic, but it's easy enough to do it, so why not try?  However, I think heating of the RV surface is as big or bigger factor than UV, so a UV inhibitor may have little extra value.

Decals age in sun and weather but their quality varies like most anything else. It's just another thing that manufacturers can skimp on (or not) and very hard for the buyer to tell the difference until too late.  I've seen 12-15 year-old decals that still look like new and never received any extra attention. And 5 YO ones that are peeling or cracked.

Definitely the 303 [30340]. There are so many 303's to choose from though.  The 30340 works great on tires, window vinyl, weather seals.  Any rubber, vinyl that is exposed to the sun on the RV/Truck.

1 just traded my 2008 Dutchman Rainier and the decals looked as good as when new.  I never did anything special to protect them.  I did use an RV was and wax most of the time when it was washed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom