Shirley - Our Old (G)ray (P)ercheron (S)teed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom Hoffman

ain't what she use to be, she wants to take us wandering out in the weeds or over mountains via logging roads.  It's time to put her out to pasture. :'(

In other words we need a new GPS and I am looking for recommendations for a good all around one.  Not dedicated to RV, just for regular every day use for Highway Travel with nice new bells and whistles.  Ours is 8 years old and I am sure technology has moved on.

Any recommendations???

I just bought a Garmin RV770.  While it has an rv mode, it also has a car mode.  I just made a trip from Ohio to Virginia using it in car mode, and I love it.  The instructions for turns are more detailed than the gps on my phone, and it also has voice command, a touch screen, weather, and traffic info.

I was stuck in stop and go traffic in Washington on I-95, and the gps told me that my destination was 10 miles away, and it would take 90 minutes to get there.  Then, it offered an alternate route that would take 25 minutes off.  That is the coolest thing ever!

Look for a Garmin Nuvi 57LMT 5-Inch GPS Navigator it's $130 on Amazon. Has Lifetime maps updates and real-time Traffic updates. You can go even cheaper and buy a refurbished one. We still have the Garmin Nuvi 50 for in our car. That model is discontinued but the life-time map updates still work.

Life-time map updates means you will get updates until Garmin decides the unit will not work with their updated maps anymore.

For the RV we have a dedicated Garmin RV LMT 670 way more expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom