Anderson Levelers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drjohn

I just bought a set and I like them. 
But...
I believe I am using them properly, but my camper rocks back 3+inches when the coupler comes off the hitch ball
What am I doing wrong
Thanks

Did you block / chock the tires to prevent it rolling away?  Both sides, in front and behind the tires need chocked.

I used the provided chock, which is behind the tire. Which is the direction that my camper "rolls" back.
I will use my old chocks and block both directions.
Thanks

So you're putting the supplied chock under the leveler like the picture below? If you are, I don't see how it could be rolling back at all.

Attachments

• Andersen.jpg
    Andersen.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 7
Yes...just like that. And it does rock back.
Today, I used my leveler pads. And the camper didn't move when it came off the hitch
Do you have a set of the Anderson Levelers?

drjohn said:
Yes...just like that. And it does rock back.
Today, I used my leveler pads. And the camper didn't move when it came off the hitch
Do you have a set of the Anderson Levelers?

Yes, I do have Anderson Levelers. I've never experienced a rolling problem before though. My fifth wheel does have fairly large tires for a trailer, I wonder if smaller tires tend to settle into the "trough" of the levelers when unhooked?

I am going to try using my original chocks and see if I can stop that.
It just doesn't make sense.
Thanks

I had them and they always roll a little bit but not much.  They also roll when I quit moving forward and put the emergency brake and truck in parking.  However, it was 1/2-1 inch. My biggest concern was that they are not as wide as I would preferred.

You could contact anderson directly and ask them, but common sense is telling me that if I use the anderson on one side (roll tire onto it) and then put the lower piece under the main piece to keep the tire elevated and level I must chock the wheel on the other side (in front and back) of tire so it wont roll anywhere when I take the camper off the TW. I use a similar leveler to the anderson but it doesnt have the two piece set up. However once I roll tire onto it and make the TT level, I have to lock my position per se by chocking tire on other side real tight or it would roll back off of leveler.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom