Any issue with towing F150 four wheels down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allenew

I have a 2016 F150 4x4 which I plan to tow behind the Class A that we do not own presently, but wanted some feedback on towing this vehicle. Have recently heard of a problem with a relative of mine in which damage was done to the front end, brakes while towing a similar vehicle! The only thing my relative can recall is that he may have inadvertently left the selector switch in 4L instead of 2H, but the computer said he was good to go. Any feedback or suggestions on towing this vehicle would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.remcoindustries.com/Towing/Store.php   

That site will help.

I've never heard of a computer on any toad that says a car is good to go.  You have to follow the instructions in your truck owner's manual to setup the vehicle to tow it.

Have you looked in your Ford's owner manual to determine if the truck is towable?

Sounds to me like your relative screwed up and is trying to blame the truck for his mistake(s). Just religiously follow the instructions in the F150 owner manual under Recreational Towing.

I have a 2016 F150 4X4.  The procedure to engage four wheel down towing is in the owners manual and it works, but it's easy to mess up.  Expensive when you mess up.

Always double check what you've done before rolling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom